• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sky High

Aeolius

Adventurer
Did anyone else catch the cameo by Tom Kenny (aka the voice of Spongebob), as the homeowner towards the end of the movie? ;)

JoelF

First Post
This is not the movie Marvel is sueing about. They're sueing about a movie call 'Zoom' I believe, which is scheduled to come out either the week before or week after X-men 3, and from the 3 sentence summary of that movie, you couldn't tell it wasn't X-men, where Sky High is obviously different and intended as a comedy. Not saying they're right to sue, but without seeing the complete script, at least it sounds plausible for them to sue ove this 'Zoom' movie, especially considering the release date.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Fenris said:
I am sure that comic fan-boy will hate it, but I had a good time.

I consider myself a comic fan-boy and I really liked the movie a lot. I had good time. Laughed a lot. I didn't see Fantastic Four though. Was going to, but my friend warned me away from it. The same friend did see Sky High with me and he said its better than Fantastic Four. As far as a movie going experience.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I was really, really surprised at how much I liked this film. :D

I thought the lead kid (Michael Angarano, who appears in "Will and Grace") was very likable, and I see great star potential in him. Kurt Russell and Kelly Preston were well-cast as the parents, and all Will's friends were also well-cast.

And?
Bruce Campbell AND Lynda Carter? Sweet!

Sure, there was the obligatory Disney cheese, but I didn't quite mind it as much as I normally do.

sniffles

First Post
I'm a fairly substantial comic fan, and I found it quite enjoyable. I laughed a fair amount, especially at a lot of comic-fan and tv-fan in-jokes that most of the rest of the audience didn't get. ;) I really enjoyed Dave Foley's role.

I just read a review of it in Sci Fi Weekly that made me realize what really works about both Sky High and The Incredibles - movie makers no longer think it necessary to explain why the heroes have powers. They're just looking at how people with powers would get along in a semi-realistic world. That's what made Sky High enjoyable for me - it took a good look at how kids in high school act toward each other and toward adults. The superpowers were just sort of incidental to that.

They're talking about turning it into a tv series, which I think would work pretty well. I'm not sure I'd watch it every week, but I'd at least check it out, especially if they kept the kids. It was nice to see movie kids who weren't mugging to the camera all the time and didn't look like 26-year-olds pretending to be teenagers.

tecnowraith

First Post
And do not forgot some of the comic references like Gwen Grayson and the Principle's line "I am not Wonder Woman, you know!" to some of the kids.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
sniffles said:
They're talking about turning it into a tv series, which I think would work pretty well. I'm not sure I'd watch it every week, but I'd at least check it out, especially if they kept the kids. It was nice to see movie kids who weren't mugging to the camera all the time and didn't look like 26-year-olds pretending to be teenagers.

I'd tune in.

Where did you hear this?

sniffles

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
I'd tune in.

Where did you hear this?

It was on Sci Fi Wire last week. Actually I believe the movie started as a tv series pitch. I don't know if there are any definite plans in place for a series, but the creator is hoping it will move in that direction. So I suppose my previous assertion is a bit of an exaggeration. :D

Remove ads