• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slayers CD bitch

hong

WotC's bitch
WARNING: THIS POST HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TWO TOWERS, OR BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. CAVEAT POSTER. EMPTOR. WHATEVER.

I have just today taken delivery of a brand new Best of Slayers double CD, containing all the most well-known tracks from TV and radio. I could have swiped them off Kazaa or something, but I wanted to do the right thing by the Slayers creators. And I have now run into a problem. I want to rip the tracks to mp3, but HALF THE FRIGGIN' TRACK TITLES ARE IN JAPANESE!!!!1!! And I don't mean Japanese words written in Roman letters, but honest-to-goodness kanji and kana glyphs. How am I supposed to name the files when I not only have no idea what they're warbling about, but I don't even know what the songs are called?

It looks like the signature numbers like Get Along, Kujikenaikara and Breeze have English titles, but the less well-known ones are all in kanji and kana. So what I'd like now is for some kind Slayers fan<s>atic</s> to tell me what the Romanji names are for these tracks. Do this, and you will earn my undying gratitude. Or something. Anyway, I promise not to flame you for the foreseeable future. I think.

ThaADVANCEnks!

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You do know that you're giving us very little to go on right? Admittedly, there isn't a whole lot you can do either, but based on the info you've given us, it seems youre hoping that one of us has that CD too and knows the names of the non-English titled tracks. That unlikeliness aside, you're gonna have to give us more to work with if you want help.

hong

WotC's bitch
Alzrius said:
You do know that you're giving us very little to go on right? Admittedly, there isn't a whole lot you can do either, but based on the info you've given us, it seems youre hoping that one of us has that CD too and knows the names of the non-English titled tracks.

That's pretty much it, yeah. :)

The album is called "The Best of Slayers from TV and Radio". There is a picture of Lina, Gourry and Amelia on the front, with Xellos just visible behind Gourry. The back has a pic of some blonde ChyXX0r with big eyes and small mouth, and wearing a gown. (Haven't seen all the Slayers OVAs and movies, so don't know the entire cast of characters.)

It's a double CD album. The first three tracks on CD 1 are Get Along, Kujikenaikara and Going History. The first track on CD 2 is When I'm In Love, and much of the rest of that CD is remixes.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Is "Give a Reason" on there? I'd be seriously shocked if it wasn't, since thats an incredibly popular song. It has, last I heard, three remixes. It's the opening theme for the second season, Slayers Next. The opening lyrics are something like "memegushigi jikan no mune ga, hashi miru kero, machi wa savannah" I would write more, but I think I embarrassed myself enough there. It has a pretty fast beat, and sounds somewhat techno.

Also, the blonde chick is Filia, from the third season, Slayers Try.

hong

WotC's bitch
Give A Reason is track 5, and the closing number for Next is track 6. It's one of the Japanese-language ones. Three or four of the last tracks on CD 1 are English-language versions of Get Along, Give A Reason, and the other opening/closing numbers. They sound rather... surreal.

And I have Slayers Try sitting on the desk next to me. Remind me to watch that before The Two Towers opens here in Austria, will you? ;)

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
A Slayers fan<s>atic</s> on rec.games.frp.dnd has posted all the song titles for me. Their otakungfu is better than EN World's!

Two observations:
- The English versions of Get Along and Give A Reason are just... WEIRD. I liked it better when I didn't know what they were going on about.

- Otome no Inori (the song-and-dance number that Lina and Amelia get up to in Sl Next) makes me break out in giggles every time I play it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads