Smallville Season Finale (Spoilers Within)

DonTadow

First Post
I really like Smallville and I really like having a live action superman show to watch. However, things are really really getting stale. If "Young Clark" comes across and deals with all the major things Superman is supposed to deal with then just what is future clark really going to have left?

Lex Luthor, Doomsday and Braniac the biggest challenges Superman has ever had and they are all dead before he's even put on his cape. Now he'll be facing Zod.

They either need to cancel this show or evolve/reboot it. Next Season Clark needs to learn to fly, and he needs to put on a costume and they should rename the god damned show Metropolis.

Otherwise give it a fan pandering ending and let it die.

Either way I'll be watching.
uh oh. I suppose I shouldn't tell you that Darkseid is slated for next season?

It's not as much a young superman show as the writers and creators have said that its a retelling of the superman origin. Which I buy more so. Its like the STar Trek movie, a slightly different origin timeline.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
uh oh. I suppose I shouldn't tell you that Darkseid is slated for next season?

It's not as much a young superman show as the writers and creators have said that its a retelling of the superman origin. Which I buy more so. Its like the STar Trek movie, a slightly different origin timeline.

I think my point stands however. Your origin can only last so long. I think we've seen everything we can possibly see behind what makes Clark Kent the Moralistic Super Hero that he becomes. The problem is they keep dancing around that moment instead of embracing it.

Enough is Enough. And remember I love the show. But it really needs to evolve.

Grymar

Explorer
My wife called it perfectly. During the Lois/Tess fight she said "this is going to be a better fight than Clark/Doomsday." And it wasn't even close.

They've teased us on the fight for six or eight episodes and what was it? Three punches by Doomsday, then a flying tackle, big explosion, and a lot of confusion. A complete waste of time.

As soon as the time travel showed up, all sense of jeopardy went out the window.

Geez, I've really liked this show and it had some good episodes this year, but that was just a pile of crud. Very confusing to follow, no real ending (Clark is giving up again! Oh Noes!!), and a total letdown of a fight.

I'm not giving up on the show yet, but they'd best do a good job to start out next season.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Clever? Chloe had to ask if that was Jimmy's brother...SHE JUST MARRIED THE GUY! Wouldn't she know his little brother?

No. People get married without meeting each others family all the time. We didn't see his parents or family at the farmhouse wedding so it's pretty obvious that they hadn't met.

Remove ads