Smashed world casting call - finally running

Dalamar

Adventurer
As long as the group is willing to take more players to share the XP, I can tolerate quite high numbers. Especially considering I'm going to trust you with your own rolls.

Jarval

Explorer
If Sollir is giving over his spot to me, then maybe Zhure could fill in the other role?

Greg, would you rather play a rogue or a spell-caster?

Dalamar

Adventurer
It seems that I didn't get my thoughts completely over to there with my last post.
I understood that Jarval was to replace Sollir and then just asnwered Zhure that I can handle more players. But as I said, it's mostly up to the players who are already playing.

Dalamar

Adventurer
It'll be a total of 6 characters then if my math is even close to right. Let's see... 1 from each 4 of the kingdoms, 1 monk and 1 rogue... 6!;)

Zhure

First Post
I briefly skimmed the intro information and came up with a monk/nomad as a concept.

I prefer casters to non-casters (although I loathe playing wizards), but rogues are always good.

The three concepts -- in order of preference -- I've got partially worked out are:

1- Human Monk1/Nomad3, working toward Soulknife via the most direct route. (Rogue/Nomad works too, but I like the side benefits of Monk better and fits the concept better). Serious grim slayer of the undead. Going to go with Point-Blank and Far Shot feats fairly soon after a couple of other key feats are taken.
2- Human Wizard 4, who uses a spellbook as little as possible (Spell Mastery and Signature Spell are the key feats).
3- Dwarf Rogue 3/Fighter1, focused on UMD, and adventuring skills.

Let me know which one you think would fit best with the group.

(And what was the final conclusion on hit points after first level? I scanned through but didn't see it.)

Greg

Zhure

First Post
Zack2216 said:
I was also wondering if the use of Great Scimitars will be allowed, so that the druid may have a good melee weapon. If it is allowed, what damage should it deal(it dealt 4d4 in 1st addition AD&D). I do realize a weapon profficiency feat will be required(whether it is martial or exotic I am unsure). If it isn't allowed, then it isn't any big deal, just wondering.
:)

I didn't see if this part got answered, if so, please ignore.

In 3e that's a flachion (it's a martial weapon). Some DMs allow it to be on the Druid list because it is merely the two-handed version of the scimitar. By the base rules, it isn't available to Druids.

Greg

Dalamar

Adventurer
HP was answered by GWolf and it was Max -2 for every level.

After much pondering, I think that the druid could be allowed to wield a Falchion without losing druid abilities, but needs a feat to get proficiency.

And Zhure, I think all of the concepts look good.

Jarval

Explorer
Right, if Zhure is going to fill the spell-caster slot, I'll go for rogue. I'm thinking human Rogue 3/Fighter 1 at the moment. I'll have a tinker around with character ideas and post something tomorrow. This sound good?

Remove ads