• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E So, 5e OGL

Nylanfs

Adventurer
the biggest issue from PCgen's point of view. We seek the publisher's permission even when we don't have to under the OGL If the publisher isn't comfortable or willing to allow us to put their material in the program we don't do it without an OGL or Wizards permission of putting their even the basic rules into PCGen you'll never get it in PC Gen at least not with the regular releases

darjr

I crit!
We won't see it till the core book sales drop enough. My guess anyway. Like with PDFs of in print books, the PDF won't go on sale until sales drop enough for wotc to justify it with stores. What it needs to drop too and what are the current numbers? I have no idea.

ZzarkLinux

First Post
I'm calling it: we won't see the OGL in 2015.
Good call on 2015. I could use your forecasting in Fantasy Football :)

We won't see it till the core book sales drop enough. My guess anyway. Like with PDFs of in print books, the PDF won't go on sale until sales drop enough for wotc to justify it with stores.
I doubt even then. The word "PDF" probably scares dollars/lawsuits from publishers. I guess like how "Restricted List" in Magic the Gathering scares dollars/lawsuits from ... somebody who bought a lot of Sorrow's Paths.

Any over/under on the number of "PDF"/"OGL" announcements this year?
I'm betting they go the way of "Voldemort".

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
The rumor mill has been chugging along recently - the Scarred Lands Kickstarter, for instance.

I don't know that it'll be full OGL, but something's going on there....

lkj

Hero
The rumor mill has been chugging along recently - the Scarred Lands Kickstarter, for instance.

I don't know that it'll be full OGL, but something's going on there....

Is there something about the Scarred Lands kickstarter that is different than the other OGL based third party 5e products that have already come out? My understanding is that such products don't need a new OGL.

AD

Remove ads