• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, are we still going to be doing this when we're 70?

BlackMoria

First Post
I'm age 47 now and been playing since 1975.

I will play until there is no more stories to tell or players to enjoy them.

Which means I figure I am good for another 40 years. :D

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
die_kluge said:
So, if we're all still playing in 40 years, what kinds of fresh new products are publishers going to be putting out?

13th edition with that 9th edition feel... :p

ejja_1

First Post
I started when I was 7, by my older cousin who was having trouble finding players at the time. While It hasnt always been D&D, I have been roleplaying/Game mastering for 25 years now.
And while I may not be activley playing at that age( that would depend on who there was to play with.) I would deffinatly be involved in it in some way, even if it's only coming here or some other board and lurking like the shameless hermit I am.
I deffinatly could see using your retirement to build the ultimate gaming house, complete with all the stuff you need for those extended campaigns. Whats that guys, you want to stop becuase you all need a nap? Take any one of the many guest rooms, all totally geeked out with everything you need to be comfortable. What your hungry? Raid my fridge or we can order out to one of the many different resteruants in the area. ( I wonder if I will still be able to eat Thai food at that age?)
Need someone to help change your sack? Your on your own there buddy, but I do have enough rooms for your nurse should you need her to stay.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Whoohoo! Just imagine how fun this game will be when the DM and all the players are senile. :D

Will make for some interesting encounters I bet!

BlackMoria

First Post
Originally posted by King_Stannis
Old Fart. :p :)

Hey, I 'resemble' that remark. ;)

Truth to tell, there is only one person besides Col Playdoh who is older than me on those boards (that I know of).

And it is Distinguished Old Fart to you. :p :D

VorpalBunny

Explorer
I get the distinct impression that GenCon 2030 is going to look a lot like a Shriner's Convention - a buncha old farts zipping around in motorized scooters while wearing funny hats... ;)

Last edited:

MojoGM

First Post
Old Coots and Gaming

Oh yeah, if I make it that old (I'm only 30 now) I fully intend to still be gaming.

Think about it, older people don't need as much sleep, so we're talking mega-marathon sessions here.

Sometimes in my area I see all the senior citizens lined up a McDonalds at 5:45, waiting to congregate and find things to fill their time, and think:

"Man, they could get one helluva game going there over Egg McMuffins and coffee"

Can't wait...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads