So Cyberpunk 2077

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
This is why you always wait a few months after release to pick up AAA games.
It's also a reason to give AAA games a miss altogether. I don't want to sound like a typical Portland hipster here, but AAA studios are highly overrated. Indie studios like Supergiant Games, Team Cherry, Klei, and Unknown Worlds (to name a few) are putting out some awesome games too, usually at lower cost and higher quality.

ruemere

Adventurer
The game is apparently a glitch fest on older consoles and some PC setups.

I got lucky apparently (Nvidia card/Ryzen) on my modest PC - no bugs in sight. Still, there will be more patches, so everyone will get to play eventually.

My point stands.
And it's the same thing that gets told every time there's a fall on your face release from any of the big name publishers.
The game is apparently a glitch fest on older consoles and some PC setups.

I got lucky apparently (Nvidia card/Ryzen) on my modest PC - no bugs in sight. Still, there will be more patches, so everyone will get to play eventually.
I've only had the game crash on me twice so far, and other than some lag it's been fine. I've been having fun so far, I'm playing on my xbox one.

MarkB

Legend
I've only had the game crash on me twice so far, and other than some lag it's been fine. I've been having fun so far, I'm playing on my xbox one.
Pretty much the same experience on PS4. Yes, the crashes are annoying, but the game autosaves every few minutes so I haven't lost significant progress.

I'll wait a few months till more bugs are fixed... and then I have to see if my pc can even run the thing. It is a heavy game. I am eager to play it though.

I'll wait a few months till more bugs are fixed... and then I have to see if my pc can even run the thing. It is a heavy game. I am eager to play it though.

16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg
the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p. Cyberpunk 2077 System Requirements — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED
Pretty much the same experience on PS4. Yes, the crashes are annoying, but the game autosaves every few minutes so I haven't lost significant progress.
I also do a manual save

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
And it's the same thing that gets told every time there's a fall on your face release from any of the big name publishers.
Imagine that: a highly-anticipated release turns out to be glitchy, unstable, and incomplete, and people complain about it.

So wouldn't the best solution be to insist on better releases from big name publishers?

It's not too much to ask. Other studios do it, with fewer people, shorter schedules, and smaller budgets.

Last edited:

Remove ads