So Cyberpunk 2077

Always follow Zard's advice with gaming. Never preorder or buy a console on release.

Just wait usually cheaper and more reliable/stable.

I don't think anyone is blaming early versions of the PS5 for the Cyberpunk problems; it's all software issues. And if you didn't pre-order a PS5, it's likely you're not getting one for Xmas.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't think anyone is blaming early versions of the PS5 for the Cyberpunk problems; it's all software issues. And if you didn't pre-order a PS5, it's likely you're not getting one for Xmas.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Yeah but what use is a PS5 right now? Any triple AAA games on it worth paying a premium for?

Remember red ring of death on Xbox, didn't PS4 have some sort of problem early in?

If you wait you pay less, avoid the risk of any manufacturing problems and usually get a bundle.

I might break that rule for a Nintendo console launching with Zelda.

CDPR really shat the bed. From $31 on 12/4 down to $19 right now. That's an expensive lesson in not releasing poorly-optimized games.
I find it oddly refreshing that it's coming back to bite them so fast. When this has happened in the past (e.g. Sim City 4, Fallout 76, etc), it sucked for players, but the game companies essentially got to profit from the fall. Publishers kept the pre-orders and made people request individual refunds, which lessened the financial blowback and essentially let publishers forge ahead until the games were at least playable. With Sony shutting Cyberpunk out of the PS store and other online retailers pushing back against them and offering easy(ish) refunds, CDPR is going to feel the response immediately. I like it.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah but what use is a PS5 right now? Any triple AAA games on it worth paying a premium for?
Well, any game should benefit from the much-improved loading times, and Spider-man Miles Morales reportedly makes at least some use of the new controller functionality, which is its other major selling point.

The only game I am really looking forward to on PS5, is the Demons Souls remake. But right now, even if I could get my hands on a PS5, it would be silly to get one just for that one game.

I got Cyberpunk on pc, because I figured it would be more stable, and of course future mod support. I was wrong about it being more stable.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases