...so how was Valentines Day?

Ouch.

Seems there's an awful lot of folks out there lonley or down right miserable with this "holiday".

As for me, I've never really had a problem with valentines day. If I was with somebody, great. If I wasn't, call up a single female friend and go out.

Of course now that I'm married I don't have any problems. She worked until 7:00Pm tonight and I had class after work so we decided to celebrate the day properly on Saturday. We're going to have dinner at a nice steak place and then we're talking about seeing LOTR again since it rocked so much.

Wolfspirit

First Post
Life imitating Art or Art imitating Life?

Heh, here's the pictureless version of a comic that's in my campus newspaper called Off Campus, and its "The Many Faces of St. Valentine's Day"

This is Johny. Right now his girlfriend is trying on a new red teddy. It's his St. Vanlentine's gift.

Johny loves Valentines Day.

This is Shawn. Shawn loves Rachel. But Rachel is dating Paul. Shawn wants to crawl under a rock and die.

Shawn hates Valentine's Day.

This is Travis. Travis just got a copy of the "Warcraft III" beta. He has played it for 14 hours straight.

Travis has no idea that today is Valentine's Day.

/end comic
Heh, I think this is especially funny after reading people's V-Day experiences

/edit
doh, and you can check out the actual comic at http://www.off-campus.20megsfree.com

Last edited:

SableWyvern

Adventurer
I got a Valentine's text message from a couple of girls, called up to find out if I was special, found out they'd sent them to everyone, shortly forgot it was Valentines Day and went on with my life.

Jezrael

First Post
The only thing good about St. Valentine's Day is that Capone had alot of his enemies put to death (St. Valentine's Day Massacre, natch).

Course I could be biased towards the day as I did nothing, and had no one to do anything with.

But it's all good because today is St. Payday's day. Hallelujah!

Last edited:

Fidget

First Post
I got a divorce from my wife about a year and a half ago. Since then, the one chance I took at letting a woman know I was interested in her resulted in zero, at least for the time being. A friend of mine here at work is having a tough time. She appeared in court Wednesday for divorce hearings from her husband. The day before that she had foot surgery for the second time within 6 months and she had major surgery on her knee within that time too.

I sent her a couple of roses and it seemed to brighten up her day a little bit. Every woman deserves flowers on this day. As a guy it's just not a big deal to me, but they seem to mean a lot to women though.

This at least made me feel better about not getting anything from anyone. Also other women are going to see she got flowers and find out who they came from. Who knows, maybe word will get around and someone will decide she wants to get to know me better.

You just never know.

Wicht

Hero
Wow, I never realized this many people had a problem with Valentines day. Its kinda eye-opening.

Just to be different... My day yesterday was pretty good. I cooked my wife seafood enchiladas (well I let the kids eat them too). We played scrabble and had an enjoyable evening.

Metheus

First Post
V-day

Saw on the TV yesterday that Valentine's Day is the MOST anxiety laden holiday of them all for men, more than x-mas or birthdays or anything.
So women, if you love your man and you dont want him to get an ulcer or have a heart attack, then just get rid of the holiday and give him a little extra slap and tickle

Me- Slowly working through my loathing of the holiday, every year it gets easier (yeah, right)

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I took he to a French restaurant and got her roses and champaigne. She got me a wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse!!!

Keeper.

Remove ads