• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, I need a Cat whacked....

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Think about that for a sec - we're talking about taking away a beloved pet because it is inconvenient, and the owner seems difficult to deal with. I dunno about you, but I've had pets stolen before, and it isnt' fun. Think about that as you consider your course of action. What woudl happen if someone made sure your dog or cat went away and never returned.

No, we're talking about taking away an animal from an owner who is not respectful of her responsibility to the community.

The cat is:

1) on someone else's property.

2) leaving behind rotting corpses that the property owner must clean up. In addition, killing the birds makes the cat a disease vector for anything the dead birds were carrying - ticks, fleas, viruses, parasites, etc., as well as attracting flies, rats, and other carrion eaters.

3) leaving behind fecal matter that the property owner must clean up- another disease vector and a smelly mess besides.

4) if the cat hasn't been "fixed" it can potentially add to the stray/feral cat problem. If you don't know, ask your local animal shelter about how bad it is and what happens to cats without owners.

Don't get me wrong- I'm constantly rescuing other people's pets where I live. I see a stray and I'll catch it and do my best to return it to the owner.

HOWEVER- this owner is irresponsible. She doesn't deserve the pet.

Tewligan

First Post
Darthjaye said:
If you really want to go D&D on it's butt, rig up a container with water over the birdfeeder area and find a life-like bird that flutters or makes movement. Rig it to the bucket full of water with the aforementioned pepper or hot sauce mix (mix however you feel but not too strong) and wach the fun begin. You'll also have a nifty little wet trail leading you to the cat.
Who are you, Wile E. Coyote?

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Rel said:
Just remember that if you're a 1st level Commoner, this cat has a better than average chance of killing you in a fair fight. Make sure you get the Surprise Round.

Vraille said:
Option 2. Pray to Lord Ford that one of his Divine Agents may smash the feline flat. As we live right next to a rather busy road, this is almost an assurance. The only question is when?

All hail Lord Ford, man this thread's made my day! :lol:

Darmanicus

BlackSilver said:
Karma doesn’t care who started it.

It is about what you consciously do. Say you trap this cat and turn it over to the authorities, and the woman pays the toll she has to pay in order to get her beloved cat back. Say she does that, why? Because she cares about her cat. She takes the cat inside and you never hear from it or hear again.

Now she holds a grudge against you, but never does anything against you.

Karma demands you pay that back three found. Later on you get a dog (your wife is allergic to cats and say she wants a dog). Now you take the dog to training classes, and spend all of your free time with the dog- because as it turns out you’re a dog person (who’d have thought).

One day your dog gets free, a homeowner spots the dog doing a dog thing in his front yard. The homeowner catches your dog and takes him in for a few days considering his options. You of course are concerned for your friend, your child (lot of pet owners consider their animals to be their children), and start searching all over for him. You make fliers and take a day off, go to the local shelters, check with everyone that you can think of, even the guy whom has your dog, but he has not seen him (so he says).

After a couple days of searching you resign your dog to the depths of death and give up. The homeowner turns the dog over to animal control. He took the dog’s collar, so whom do they call. Now right here Karma gives you a break, a moment in time, and one of the people working the shelter remembers you, she calls and you show up to get your dog.

You have lost a day or two of work, you have to pay for new licenses for your dog because the collar is gone and you can’t find your paper work, and you had to make all those fliers. To mention nothing of the worrying you did.

It is part of your Karmic payback.

The woman is having to pay her Karma back on her own. You should think nothing to do with her payments, you are just part of the story that she must endure to pay it. Its part of a test for you, the Gods of Karma are waiting to see what you do to decide how much trouble they want you to endure in the future.

I know you are very angry, we all get that way (Lord knows I have flipped out on these boards in anger). The trick is to figure out the test, and pass it without harming someone else, without getting a Karmic debt.

FWIW the woman could just be scum and you could just have to endure her lack of interest in a cat she hates. I do not know, but what would you rather acquire Karmic debt or the malice of someone like her?

Good luck with this and all things in life, it seems to me that you are going to need it.

Karmic Shmarmic! Geez, what's with all this threefold cr@p? Sounds like origami to me!

Darmanicus

Oh yeah forgot to add, just shoot the damn thing! Don't use a rifle, use a slingshot with loads of nails, it's got a better spread! ;)

frankthedm

First Post
Vraille Darkfang said:
I'm more worried about reprisals.
As you should, get the law / cops involved and you deserve to find out how little they can do for you. :]

"Well sir, unless you SAW the person smash your windows, there is not a lot we can do for you."

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
even if the cat is removed by animal control I'd still concider getting one of the predator deterents, just to keep a situation like this from happening again. There is one product I know of, though I forget the name that consists of a stake which emits a smell that cats find distasteful. My grandfather lived in a rural area where ferel cats were commonplace and he would put a stake in below each of his birdfeeders, worked like a charm.

Remove ads