• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E So long and thanks for all the fish!

Satyrn

First Post
This is an English-only messageboard. In English, you do not need to know. This has now been pointed out (twice) and you have already defensively posted that you know this. Let it go.

Someone please post more comedy gold now, thx.

This seems a rather insulting response.

SunGold

First Post
This seems a rather insulting response.

Really? Moonsong commented that "you need to use gender to refer to people in the third person." Two people helpfully pointed out that you do not, and got a pretty dismissive reply. Moonsong moved the goalpost and said that the problem was actually their personal preference for "descriptivism."

I would not go to a Japanese messageboard and complain about how the vagaries of their language's grammar do not suit my American cultural hangups. That would seem insulting.

But Moonsong, if you were insulted, my apologies. Honestly. I may not care for this argument, but I recognize your name from your contributions to the 5E board and don't think you're a monster or something.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
t11.jpg

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Really? Moonsong commented that "you need to use gender to refer to people in the third person." Two people helpfully pointed out that you do not, and got a pretty dismissive reply. Moonsong moved the goalpost and said that the problem was actually their personal preference for "descriptivism."

I would not go to a Japanese messageboard and complain about how the vagaries of their language's grammar do not suit my American cultural hangups. That would seem insulting.

But Moonsong, if you were insulted, my apologies. Honestly. I may not care for this argument, but I recognize your name from your contributions to the 5E board and don't think you're a monster or something.

I'm really regretting answering. I wasn't trying to be dismissive, and I'm sorry. (I couldn't resist, teaching English is my day job) Can we pretend this never happened? I wouldn't one to spoil things for everyone.

Maybe I was even deserving of the vitriol, (nothing like the day of the dead dinosaurs fiasco that made me quite sad), karma would eventually would get back at me for ganging out on a Canadian guy once on a forum. It's waaay back when I was part of a quite close knit forum and then this guy came insisting on speaking with broken English (on a non-English forum). Still don't regret it, his fault for mocking my pink letters, nobody mocks my pink letters!! Even the local troll came into my defense , ohh that is one of my favorite memories of internet drama.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Why does anyone care if an account that was made for the purpose of making the OP is leaving? It's not as if he was a regular poster or anything.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
SunGold has asked for more comedy gold.
Do we even need it? The title of the thread is a reference to the "Hitchkiker's" series, which in itself was comedy gold. Doesn't that cover that need for us?

If Hussar is right that "TheDip" is/was a sock puppet of another alt-identity, then that means to me that Sacrosanct (was it?) is wrong to say that the original poster has stayed away -- because we don't know this to be true, as follows: the human being who posted the OP as "TheDip" may have already posted further posts later in this same thread using another identity, and may still be reading these posts while having no record of that activity showing up in the "Last Activity" stat in "TheDip's" profile.

SunGold

First Post
I'm really regretting answering. I wasn't trying to be dismissive, and I'm sorry. (I couldn't resist, teaching English is my day job) Can we pretend this never happened? I wouldn't one to spoil things for everyone.

Maybe I was even deserving of the vitriol, (nothing like the day of the dead dinosaurs fiasco that made me quite sad), karma would eventually would get back at me for ganging out on a Canadian guy once on a forum. It's waaay back when I was part of a quite close knit forum and then this guy came insisting on speaking with broken English (on a non-English forum). Still don't regret it, his fault for mocking my pink letters, nobody mocks my pink letters!! Even the local troll came into my defense , ohh that is one of my favorite memories of internet drama.

I am sorry as well. Consider it flushed down the memory hole.

And to hell with anyone who would come at you for using pink letters. That person sounds like trash!

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Comedy Gold ye say? Consider thy thread of yore:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-worst-TSR-adventure-module(s)-ever-published

This post still kills me:

Let's get those PCs and steal all their money! Charge! Wait, where did Bob and Agnes go? What do you mean they went home to our lair! They are one fifth of our force! Well, let's do it anyways...chaaaarge! What? We rolled a 3? Are they surprised or is nobody surprised? And why do I only have 10 hit points when I rolled a 5 for hit dice (hit dice 1-6)? Joe and Fred, you two quit that singing! And no joking either. And stop running. Yes, I know we were in a hurry but still no running. Why? You're carrying a sword for Pelor's sake and if you trip you might stab someone. JOE! What did I just tell you about singing? Hurry up and stop that tarrying, but without running or singing. What, Fred, did you just ask me how to stop a rhino from charging? NO *#@!% JOKING DO YOU HEAR ME! I knew we should have just gone to that wererat infested inn or that stupid pavilion with the hand-wringing nymph...

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-module(s)-ever-published/page3#ixzz4gGP66Oo5

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads