D&D 5E So long and thanks for all the fish!

BoldItalic

First Post
It seems that, in this forum, if you make a post that people don't agree with you get a terse response and then ignored. I would have thought that with a role playing game people would be up for some debate, but it seems that people are so set on their own views they can't take any form of disagreement.

Post in this thread or not, I don't care as I am leaving. Just think on it next time you ignore or flame someone, the loudest voice is not always right.
I disagree :D

Now, are you going to ignore me?

CydKnight

Explorer
I find that it really does depend on me and how accepting or non-accepting I am of the endless variety of reactions you can get to thread posts. By acceptance I do not mean agreement but simply allowing others to be as they are right or wrong. It's not like everyone is going to like most of what I have to say either.

BoldItalic

First Post
There is something worse than posting in a thread and getting ignored because other people are busy engaging with each other; it's posting in a thread and the thread immediately dies.

Corwin

Explorer
The only thing worse, IMO, than terse posters who then ignore you, are those who feel the need to melodramatically announce their departure...

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I dont feel the need to have people directly address me or my comments, I'm still part of the overall conversation.

I created multiple threads that just died. Others went on forever. Some I post back and forth in every day, others I said my piece and I'm out.

Been here a long time....

I would rather have the short meaningful reply than the 100 page grammar nit pick devolution.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I dont feel the need to have people directly address me or my comments, I'm still part of the overall conversation.

I created multiple threads that just died. Others went on forever. Some I post back and forth in every day, others I said my piece and I'm out.

Been here a long time....

I would rather have the short meaningful reply than the 100 page grammar nit pick devolution.

Actually, it's "nitpick."

Oofta

Legend
Sometimes people get busy and don't have time for more than a quick response. Sometimes you may be just the nth person that said the same basic thing and they're simply tired of the conversation. Some people are, intentionally or not, @$$#@+$ even when they don't mean to be.

I know I've totally ignored people's responses because I'm too busy or just gotten tired of the back and forth. It may be rude, but if everyone responds to everyone's replies the thread never ends.

Remove ads