• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So..tell me about Eberron

Hairfoot

First Post
Spatula said:
all of your criticisms have nothing to do with Eberron. They're all part and parcel of 3E D&D.
I see. Post #97 doesn't exist.

Now that that's cleared up, good luck to everyone with Eberron, whatever they like or dislike about it.

Over and out.

Asmor

First Post
If it helps you guys, I'll volunteer to be the rubric. Luckily, I'm omniscient, so I'm always right. Thus, any opinions which agree with my own are right, and any which don't are wrong.

There, that makes things much simpler!

DarthDiablo

First Post
Ebberon Campaign Idea

I would love to play a campaign in Eberron based on the Firefly TV series. Some suggested characters:
1. The captain is a CG human (rogue/fighter)survivor from Cyre who has purchased his own Airship. Substitute a half-elf from house L, who has been kicked out of the house (hence his penchant for smuggling).
2. A LG half-elf pilot (I forget the proper prestige class) from house L (who owes the captain his life and would not seize the ship for himself/house L-applies if the captain is not from house L).
3. A CN half-orc fighter and/or barbarian henchman, who sometimes attempts to take over the ship. Could be substituted with a Valenar elf mercenary.
4. A LG/LN loyal human/elf/half-elf female fighter and/or ranger who served with the captain in the last war who is married to the pilot. Could be substituted with a warforged or a shifter (without the married to pilot theme)
5. A NG human cleric of the Silver Flame who has his own mysterious past (and is not as judgemental as his peers). Could be substituted with a cleric of the Sovereign Host or a Kalashtar psion who preaches the path of light.
6. A CG female gnome artificer who is constantly fixing the Airship and has a crush on the halfling brother. (They are both short after all!) Could be substituted with a human from house C.
7. Halfling N/NG brother and CN/CG sister. The brother bears the mark of healing and his sister who is bordeline crazy holds an aberrant dragonmark after being experimented on by...(insert evil organization). Could be substitued with another race with the brother being a former cleric of the Silver Flame. His sister still has the aberrant dragonmark and is pursued by church fanatics who see her mark as an evil sign. Other groups may chase her as well, seeking to covet her power.
8. A NG/CG female elvan rogue and/or bard "companion" from house P. She is the information gatherer. Could be substituted with a changeling.

Of course anything here could be changed around, but I'm trying to follow the characters as closely to the series as possible, but giving them an Eberron flavor. The races could have a big impact on how the characters intereact (they are all human on the TV show). I think the episode that really inspired me was the train robbery where Serenity was flying over the train while Malcome was stealing the medicine. Could be an Airship flying over the Lightning Rail, with dragonshards as the prize, though I think the mechanics would have to be changed so the Airship could match speed with the Rail. Magical saboutage perhaps?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads