So, Wandavision?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Since you mention the outside world, did anyone else notice that there’s a billboard for West View on the outside? Monica goes flying past it. I wonder how that features in.

At this point, I expect all the people are real. We see a sign for the Westview community in the outside world - Wanda came to Westview, and likely created that bubble, and trapped the residents, real people, inside with her. They are at least somewhat capable of independent thought, but try not to express it anywhere near Wanda, or she sends them to the cornfield*.

*Twilight Zone - Season 3, Episode 8, 1961 - "It's a Good Life"

hawkeyefan

Legend
Okay, that was the episode I needed. Definitely on board now. The first two had just enough to get me back for this one, and it delivered.

At this point, I think anything’s possible as to who’s behind this. Could be Wanda. Could be someone else. If we go by the comics....same thing, could be Wanda, could be someone else.

My guess is it’s a combo of outside influences and her own trauma. She’d already been through a lot, but I expect another inciting incident or two will be revealed, and that’s what triggered all this.

We’ll see, though. Good stuff.

Yes. Geraldine showed up near the beginning of the episode, and then the beekeeper showed up at the end.

Interesting... so, hypothesis:

Geraldine is one of the first operatives to be send in, but the longer she stays in Westview, the more she gets brainwashed too? Or maybe she just pretends to be part of the sitcom for an episode, in order to get closer to Wanda?

Maybe the beekeeper was sent in to extract her?

Then there's the toy helicopter that shows up, which was in color, and had the SWORD logo too. Was that an attempt to send in a real helicopter?

Possibly SWORD found out the hard way that objects and people that do not conform with Wanda's reality, will be made to confirm to it. Perhaps they can only send people in that fit in with 50's/70's West View and play along? Because Geraldine didn't confront Wanda with the death of her brother right away. She waited an episode.

Last edited:

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
At some point, when this bubble reality she's manifested bursts, she's going to realize she doesn't have children, and that's going to be rough - although it's also possible that she's altered actual reality enough that now she does have kids.

At some point, when this bubble reality she's manifested bursts, she's going to realize she doesn't have children, and that's going to be rough - although it's also possible that she's altered actual reality enough that now she does have kids.

This is something I'm wondering. Maybe with her fantasies she has managed to bring Vision back from the dead, and give herself children for good. And maybe they will stay, even if this bubble bursts, because Wanda has permanently willed them into existence.

I don't know what Dr Strange and The Multiverse of Madness will be all about. But I wonder if Wanda's antics throw the reality of the entire universe into disarray.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Interesting... so, hypothesis:

Geraldine is one of the first operatives to be send in, but the longer she stays in Westview, the more she gets brainwashed too? Or maybe she just pretends to be part of the sitcom for an episode, in order to get closer to Wanda?

Maybe the beekeeper was sent in to extract her?

Then there's the toy helicopter that shows up, which was in color, and had the SWORD logo too. Was that an attempt to send in a real helicopter?

Possibly SWORD found out the hard way that objects and people that do not conform with Wanda's reality, will be made to confirm to it. Perhaps they can only send people in that fit in with 50's/70's West View and play along? Because Geraldine didn't confront Wanda with the death of her brother right away. She waited an episode.
Perhaps Geraldine is the one who flew the helicopter into the 'bubble'. And I don't think she was waiting to confront Wanda with the mention of her brother - it seemed more like something she only remembered in that moment, as Wanda reminisced about it.

Rune

Once A Fool
When Monica gets expelled, she’s still wearing the 70s clothes and hairstyle on the outside. Since those are both changes that happened after her first appearance, we can infer that the reality-altering changes made inside don’t revert to previous states on the outside. That may well include the kids. And vision.

Remove ads