So, Wandavision?

hawkeyefan

Legend
the difference is, we like Wanda. Nobody likes Kraven the Hunter.

I....I like Kraven😞

I don’t think Wanda has gone passed some point of no return. And certainly she’s suffered so much, her current state is understandable. And I think it’s clear that there’s something else at play....something else helped push her down this path. Someone.

I was happy to see that they threw in that disassembled Vision scene, even if only through security footage.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
We don't traditionally excuse comic-book villains because they have a tragic past, and what she's done to all those people is unforgivable.

Magneto says hello.
House-Of-X-1-2.jpg

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There's some interesting ideas there, but I have some problems. If Wanda really is behind it all, and she really has lost control, and Tyler was trying to do something to the Vision ... then why isn't Tyler dead?

She doesn't necessarily know that the guy running the operations in the field is the person responsible for with was going on with Vision.

Some other theories of who is "behind it all":

As I just noted, maybe there's two personalities in play - Wanda, and the Scarlett Witch. When Wanda says she didn't do it, she's not lying - the Scarlett Witch did it. The way she's blithely Wanda most of the time, and how this scary, angry version comes out when Wanda's peace is threatened is right up that alley.

Another theory - Westview is New Salem. Agnes is Agatha Harkness. Scarlett Witch stole back Vision's body, was trying to resurrect him, and/or she was losing her nut because she couldn't. Scarlett Witch, at full-force, is a reality altering force - Agatha et al. created the Hex to protect the world from her.

At the moment, I think the Dissociative Personality Disorder version is my leading contender.

Last edited:

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
More seriously the face/heel revolving door has always been a strong fixture in Marvel comics. Notable luminaries include Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Cannonball, Hulk and Namor. Not to mention "heroic" characters like Reed Richards, Hank Pym, Charles Xavier, Tony Stark, Carol Danvers, Matt Murdock, Danny Rand et. al. that have taken turns being antagonists because of the lengths they were willing to go for the "greater good". Especially Reed, Charles, and Tony.

MarkB

Legend
More seriously the face/heel revolving door has always been a strong fixture in Marvel comics. Notable luminaries include Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Cannonball, Hulk and Namor. Not to mention "heroic" characters like Reed Richards, Hank Pym, Charles Xavier, Tony Stark, Carol Danvers, Matt Murdock, Danny Rand et. al. that have taken turns being antagonists because of the lengths they were willing to go for the "greater good". Especially Reed, Charles, and Tony.
Even in the movies we have Loki, Nebula and probably a few others.

Rune

Once A Fool
She doesn't necessarily now that The guy running the operations in the field is the person responsible for with was going on with Vision.
Maybe not, but she pretty clearly already knew Hayward somehow. And she hasn’t been back from being snapped away for very long, so that meeting must have happened at some point since then. If at all.

Someone had to tell her where to find Vision. That could have been someone in Wakanda (although I doubt they’ed know much about his destination).

Shuri could have told her about Hayward, too, I suppose. Something tells me he wouldn’t have treated her very respectfully when he was taking Vision in the first place.

Maybe not, but she pretty clearly already knew Hayward somehow. And she hasn’t been back from being snapped away for very long, so that meeting must have happened at some point since then. If at all.

Someone had to tell her where to find Vision. That could have been someone in Wakanda (although I doubt they’ed know much about his destination).

Shuri could have told her about Hayward, too, I suppose. Something tells me he wouldn’t have treated her very respectfully when he was taking Vision in the first place.

How about because of her mind-controlling/affecting powers, she pulled the information about Hayward out of Monica's memories when she entered the Hex.

Rune

Once A Fool
How about because of her mind-controlling/affecting powers, she pulled the information about Hayward out of Monica's memories when she entered the Hex.
Can’t rule it out, I suppose. Have to wonder why, if she can do that, she hasn’t done it to Agnes, though.

By now, it’s clear that Wanda’s control over people is conscious and deliberate (unless, @Umbran ’s Dissociative Personality Disorder theory is correct). Unless she’s under some illusion that prevents it, she has to realize she isn’t controlling Agnes like the other townsfolk (and we have reason to believe that because Agnes is able to break the fourth wall in ways the rest can’t).

Also, it still doesn’t address the fact that she had to find Vision’s exact location somehow. Within something like a week of her reappearance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases