So, Wandavision?

Vael

Legend
So . . . is anyone else getting more and more confused the longer things go on? I'm sure that's the point, but seriously, what is going on? Most of the main questions have not been answered, even as we know a lot more than we did at the beginning.

Who started this? If Wanda didn't, and is just taking advantage of the circumstance, who/what actually caused this in the first place?

Why can't she control Vision? Is it because of the Mind Stone? If so, that leads to the next question. . .

HOW IS THE MIND STONE BACK!?!? How!?!? Just how!?!? We know it is back, because Vision used it to get information this episode, his fingers even glowed yellow, but there is no explanation for how it could be back. It was destroyed by Wanda, and then again by Thanos. Maybe Wanda used her knowledge of it from when she destroyed it to rebuild it somehow? The trailer seemed to show something like this.

How is Wanda so powerful? She hasn't used her telepathic powers (that we've seen) since Age of Ultron, and she was by no means as good at controlling her power as she is now.

She recast Pietro? How? What does this mean?
1. Unknown, and there have been many speculations. I don't think this show is about Wanda Maximoff becoming a villain though, so I'm reasonably certain that there is another element in play here.

2. Wanda's family are not just projections of her own mind, so she can't really control them. Added that her control over everything is slipping.

3. I don't think the Mind Stone is back. Remember the whole point of going to Wakanda in Infinity War was to remove the Mind Stone from Vision's head. Even without the stone, his synthezoid body is built out of vibranium, I don't believe all of his abilities are purely from the Mind Stone.

4. Grief as a powerful motivator? Wanda has always been one of the most powerful Avengers, just because she hasn't been showcased as much doesn't make that untrue. She blew up an Infinity Stone.

5. Alternate realities. Spiderman, and the announced title of the next Dr. Strange movie has already shifted us to a multiverse. The comics actually acknowledges this, believe it or not, our reality is 1218, the comics exist (mainly) in reality 616, the MCU is 199999, and the FOX X-Men movies exist in reality 10005.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
What I want:

My dream is that Ralph (Agnes's husband) will be played by James Spader. I don't care if it's just a cameo, or literally Ultron somehow brought into flesh by Wanda, or Mephisto using the voice of Ultron to f*** with Wanda. I just want him to make an appearance.
I would love that. Can his last name be California?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
1. Unknown, and there have been many speculations. I don't think this show is about Wanda Maximoff becoming a villain though, so I'm reasonably certain that there is another element in play here.

Yeah. I believe her when she says she didn't start it. So, who, or what, did?

2. Wanda's family are not just projections of her own mind, so she can't really control them. Added that her control over everything is slipping.

I think they've established that almost nothing in the town is a projection of her mind. She has a limited ability to reshape things, but it is all real.

3. I don't think the Mind Stone is back. Remember the whole point of going to Wakanda in Infinity War was to remove the Mind Stone from Vision's head. Even without the stone, his synthezoid body is built out of vibranium, I don't believe all of his abilities are purely from the Mind Stone.

Yes. It is perhaps best for now to think of it that Wanda's powers (which come from the Mind Stone) are taking the place of the stone for Vision. Reassemble his body, plug her power into his forehead, and voila, reanimated Vision. Of course, that suggest that if she stops, he drops.

But, unlike the rest of the people in town, she either cannot, or is not, generally exerting mind control over Vision. It looks like she can influence him if she specifically tries to, but most of the time he's independent.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So, to muse on what started all this. I will start with three options.

1) Mephisto. In the comics, he was the ultimate source of the souls for Wanda's kids. However, that event didn't play out anything like this. And I don't know that they'd invoke a villain we haven't seen before, and that has no known role i the MCU going forward. Also, I don't know if Disney wants to go to "the Devil did it" in the MCU. I think this unlikely.

2) Kang the Conqueror. Highly likely. He's known to be the next BBEG for the MCU. Breaking walls between realities is a very Kang thing to do. Gives him more to conquer. And the "skipping through time" element of the TV show is reminiscent of the fact that Kang is a time traveler, making it thematically appropriate. Maybe that's a sort of countdown - when the sitcoms get to the present day, the thing comes to fruition?

3) It just happened, an accident. The Infinity Stones were "singularities" from the beginning of the universe. They have all been destroyed - that probably has consequences. Wanda herself is the last known vestige of an Infinity Stones power in the universe. Imagine she stole Vision's body and tried to being him back with her power - and that much focused application of Infinity Stone power in a place that is no longer stabilized by Stones created a... rupture? Her powers are now put to generally trying to manage it. I think they could totally make this a plausible explanation, but I doubt this is what's going on. They'll have some entity behind it.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Yeah. I believe her when she says she didn't start it. So, who, or what, did?
Yeah, that's the main thing. I don't think we're going to figure this out until the last episode or second-to-last episode. This could be Mephisto, Agnes, or someone not introduced in any form yet. Or, it could be the Infinity Stones somehow.
I think they've established that almost nothing in the town is a projection of her mind. She has a limited ability to reshape things, but it is all real.
Yeah. Most of it is real, but I'm not sure what his permanent. Could Vision and the twins cease to exist/die if they leave "the Hex"?
Yes. It is perhaps best for now to think of it that Wanda's powers (which come from the Mind Stone) are taking the place of the stone for Vision. Reassemble his body, plug her power into his forehead, and voila, reanimated Vision. Of course, that suggest that if she stops, he drops.

But, unlike the rest of the people in town, she either cannot, or is not, generally exerting mind control over Vision. It looks like she can influence him if she specifically tries to, but most of the time he's independent.
That could be true. Would explain a lot and make a dramatic dilemma and explain why she went evil at the end.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So . . . is anyone else getting more and more confused the longer things go on? I'm sure that's the point, but seriously, what is going on? Most of the main questions have not been answered, even as we know a lot more than we did at the beginning.

Who started this? If Wanda didn't, and is just taking advantage of the circumstance, who/what actually caused this in the first place?

Why can't she control Vision? Is it because of the Mind Stone? If so, that leads to the next question. . .

How is Wanda so powerful? She hasn't used her telepathic powers (that we've seen) since Age of Ultron, and she was by no means as good at controlling her power as she is now.

I think that Wanda has always been this powerful, but through the movies she was still learning what her powers could do. In AoUltron her first power use was simple Telepathic Illusion and then gross Telekinesis - then we saw in Endgame that when emotionally aroused by rage she was able to use her telekineisis to hold and tear the weapons and armour off Thanos.

Her overwhelming emotion is now Grief and inside the Hex her powers are amplified but they’re still a form of mass telepathy (she’s inside the heads of all the characters in Westview actively rewriting their identity (until she slips)) and she appears to be using molecular telekinesis (she can reshape the forms of objects - like the Kevlar 70’s pants or the helicopter drone).
We also know from Antman that the the hypermolecular ‘Quantum Realm’ merges with the Multiverse - so Wanda pulling energy (and her not-brother) from another dimension can be justified via her Hex telekinesis too.

I think Wanda is effectively the last remnant of the Mindstones power and that she is channeling her power through Visions AI to create the whole illusion of a happy family for herself. I actually do think that its all Wanda and her not remembering is just because she is crazy. (I also think Tyler Hayward was attempting to harvest Visions AI to be used to make new weapons - and thats what Wanda attacked (Hayward will be the ‘bad government’ antagonist in the show)

Now is a supernatural villain (Mephsito?) using that crazy to open his own franchise in the Astral Realm? Quite possibly. But I still think Wanda will be the Villain of this show (and Agnes vindicated as the hero :))

Last edited:

Remove ads