So, Wandavision?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Perhaps Wanda Maximoff has developed dissociative personality disorder ("multiple personality disorder", in the old parlance). There are now two personalities - Wanda (the basically nice person in the sitcoms) and Scarlett Witch (who has the Sokovian accent, and throws people she doesn't like around).
After we see the two very different Wandas in this episode (with seemingly very different levels of awareness of what is real), I began to think similar thoughts re: DPD. I also started to wonder if the Wanda who walked out of the anomaly is someone else entirely, using/masquerading as Wanda, though her Sokovian accent makes DPD more likely.

Edit: Maybe Professor Hulk can help her after his own experience integrating his alter egos?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe not, but she pretty clearly already knew Hayward somehow.

Does she use his name? Otherwise, he's just "lead government chump in a suit". She doesn't need to know him, just his type.

Someone had to tell her where to find Vision. That could have been someone in Wakanda (although I doubt they’ed know much about his destination).

I would assume that, after a battle like that, SWORD would debrief anyone they could get their hands on. All she has to do is walk up to an agent, and she can start climbing the tree to find his body.

I would imagine (and is sure looks like) she's nearly out of her mind with rage and grief when she breaks into that facility. She'd not be handling this like a mystery, carefully putting together a complete picture of people involved. It is more "Walk up to SWORD agent. Rip information from their mind. Lather, rinse, repeat." until she finds his body. Personnel details not her focus, then.

Rune

Once A Fool
Does she use his name? Otherwise, he's just "lead government chump in a suit". She doesn't need to know him, just his type.
Maybe not, but she does call him “Director”, which seems like a pretty specific leap from “lead government chump in a suit”.

Of course, she also singled him out from quite a distance in the dark to toss the drone at his feet and ask if it belongs to him (and, yes, she is singling him out; Monica and Woo are right there and she ignores them).

It certainly seems like she expects to find Hayward there.

I would assume that, after a battle like that, SWORD would debrief anyone they could get their hands on. All she has to do is walk up to an agent, and she can start climbing the tree to find his body.

I would imagine (and is sure looks like) she's nearly out of her mind with rage and grief when she breaks into that facility. She'd not be handling this like a mystery, carefully putting together a complete picture of people involved. It is more "Walk up to SWORD agent. Rip information from their mind. Lather, rinse, repeat." until she finds his body. Personnel details not her focus, then.
5 years later? Maybe. But that’s a very cold trail, especially given that she’d be starting in Wakanda. I can’t imagine they’d let SWORD stay for five years and I also can’t imagine they’d know where to find them. Unless, of course, SWORD isn’t very secretive about its existence. Which, admittedly, is entirely possible.

Possibly three now, depending upon the exact status and nature of The Other Pietro.

I think this goes with the whole 80's sitcom thing. Remember that Roseanne switched actresses playing Becky part way through the seasons. And then the original actress came back to the role and everything kept going like nothing had changed. The show even included little in-jokes about the changing of the actresses. Other sitcoms changed actors for main characters as well, such as Bewitched and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, with nothing seeming out of place. But while this is playing on that, there is something more serious going on, since the MCU version is dead.

Rune

Once A Fool
I think this goes with the whole 80's sitcom thing. Remember that Roseanne switched actresses playing Becky part way through the seasons. And then the original actress came back to the role and everything kept going like nothing had changed. The show even included little in-jokes about the changing of the actresses. Other sitcoms changed actors for main characters as well, such as Bewitched and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, with nothing seeming out of place. But while this is playing on that, there is something more serious going on, since the MCU version is dead.
Well, yes. But also, they could have chosen any actor. The fact that they chose an established X-man is a statement. Just not a clear one, yet.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But while this is playing on that, there is something more serious going on, since the MCU version is dead.

Given that it is known this series feeds into a movie titled "Multiverse of Madness"? Yeah.

I an starting to think the next big Avengers crossover movie might be "Avengers: Secret Wars", in which the worlds get taken apart and put back together again.

Remove ads