So, Wandavision?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Looks like she's turned a small area into her own Pleasantville. Vision is starting to get suspicious and the rest of the people, are they trapped here or were they made by Wanda?

MarkB

Legend
The part where she rewrote Vision's suspicions was particularly unsettling in its implications. Either he really is just another fictional character for her to do with as she likes, or else she's casually mind-controlling him.

pukunui

Legend
I
Looks like she's turned a small area into her own Pleasantville. Vision is starting to get suspicious and the rest of the people, are they trapped here or were they made by Wanda?
I think they’re trapped based on that one clip from the trailer where Agnes asked if someone is there to rescue them.

Not sure about Vision.

Rune

Once A Fool
The part where she rewrote Vision's suspicions was particularly unsettling in its implications. Either he really is just another fictional character for her to do with as she likes, or else she's casually mind-controlling him.
That’s what I thought when I watched it, too, but it’s so much smoother than the rewind that I have to wonder if it might have been done by another entity.

If it was Wanda, she’s gotten much better at it since the rewind.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think she rewound time?

I'm pretty sure it was Wanda herself doing it. But instead of a rewind we just got a jumpcut to rewind the scene. It looks as if SWORD is trying to send in operatives, but Wanda got wise of it that she didn't belong. Which raises the question, do the rest of the characters belong there? Did Wanda bring them in against their will and rewrite their memories? Or were they created by Wanda, but became self aware? Vision is becoming aware of it as well, but did Wanda actually recreate him?

The shot outside showed some sort of energy bubble. This seems to confirm our suspicions that she has created some kind of pocket reality for herself that SWORD is having great trouble penetrating.

This show now has be pretty invested. They've hooked me. I hope they keep it up.

pukunui

Legend
I don't think he's just a "fictional character" because otherwise Wanda would have been able to write him in such a way as to never become suspicious of the unreality of his situation. I think he's a real being, and that's why she's having to rewind / redo things in an effort to keep him from getting suspicious.

If I understand correctly, he wanted a normal life / relationship with her. He didn't get that thanks to Thanos. So now Wanda is trying to give him that opportunity but is keeping him in the dark about the fact it's all fake.

Now that we know it's not all in Wanda's head but is happening in the physical world, we now need to figure out whether Westview is more like the Truman Show, with actors pretending to be Vision's friends and neighbors, or more like a Delos park, with Wanda trying to stop Vision (and everyone else) from figuring out that they're robots. Or something.

In short, I'm hooked too and can't wait for the big reveal!

I'm also wondering if maybe the other people in Westview are all real people that Wanda has "kidnapped" and that, at some stage, her magic is going to affect them and turn most / all of them into a new crop of superheroes / villains ... perhaps creating the multiverse of madness in the process!

This is post-Endgame, so Vision is dead. He is not real, or at least not yet, if some of the theories are to be believed.

Rune

Once A Fool
This is post-Endgame, so Vision is dead. He is not real, or at least not yet, if some of the theories are to be believed.
He must at least be independent from Wanda’s control, because we see him think and react to things outside of her presence/perception. I haven’t ruled out the possibility that he is a construct of Wanda’s reality-bending that she has given an AI. Possibly un/subconsciously.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases