So, Wandavision?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
As for Agnes, this entire series was fully filmed and ready to go before they aired the first episode, so while the writers may have been hoping they got the expectations right, it is not like they were writing and filming this in response to all the fan theories and such, the way your post makes it sound.
That's why I feel the writing is so impressive. They weren't filming it based on the reactions they read online, they were filming it based on the reactions they predicted beforehand it would engender.

- I'm sure that Nexus commercial means a lot to those more knowledgeable in Marvel lore. I'm out of the loop so if anyone wants to share I'd appreciate it.

- We saw Dottie (Emma Caulfield) briefly. Have we seen her since episode 2?

- Snooper's gonna snoop. Just Monica or is Pietro snooping too? Or does Agatha have him completely on a chain. (It's around 31:45 in the credits)

MarkB

Legend
- Snooper's gonna snoop. Just Monica or is Pietro snooping too? Or does Agatha have him completely on a chain. (It's around 31:45 in the credits)
I was going to say that he seemed to be projecting Agatha's power into Monica as her eyes turn purple when she looks at him, which would make him entirely Agatha's creature, but on a second viewing I saw that her eyes actually change the moment before that, as she opens the cellar hatch and sees the purple tendrils.

For that matter, what is Pietro? Do we still assume a link to the X-Men version of the character, is he just another townsperson controlled by Agatha, or is he entirely some form of construct?

I'm still tending towards the twins being real, simply because Billy seemed to genuinely catch Agatha by surprise with his "it's quiet, inside your head" comment, which wouldn't be possible if he was purely her construct.

- I'm sure that Nexus commercial means a lot to those more knowledgeable in Marvel lore. I'm out of the loop so if anyone wants to share I'd appreciate it.

From one of the Easter Egg/Spoiler articles for the episode:

The commercials in WandaVision have always been crucial, usually focused on Wanda's past experience of trauma. But the one in episode 7 is particularly important, because it directly references something called a "nexus." This apparently allows an individual to anchor themselves to the reality of their choice; side effects include "feeling your feelings, confronting your truth, seizing your destiny, and possibly more depression." This is clearly a reference to the Nexus of All Realities, an established part of Marvel lore that was already subtly introduced into the MCU's Multiverse in Thor: The Dark World. In the comics, the nexus was created by an ill-thought-through spell woven in the Florida Everglades, and it became guarded by the Man-Thing.

From one of the Easter Egg/Spoiler articles for the episode:

The commercials in WandaVision have always been crucial, usually focused on Wanda's past experience of trauma. But the one in episode 7 is particularly important, because it directly references something called a "nexus." This apparently allows an individual to anchor themselves to the reality of their choice; side effects include "feeling your feelings, confronting your truth, seizing your destiny, and possibly more depression." This is clearly a reference to the Nexus of All Realities, an established part of Marvel lore that was already subtly introduced into the MCU's Multiverse in Thor: The Dark World. In the comics, the nexus was created by an ill-thought-through spell woven in the Florida Everglades, and it became guarded by the Man-Thing.
Thank you.

The next time I watch Thor 2 I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

pukunui

Legend
OK so it seems like Wanda is still the one who created the Hex. Agatha must have sensed it or something, as she showed up almost immediately.

A review I read last night pointed out that "Agnes" is literally a shortening of Agatha Harkness.

Also, it took me a little while to figure out who the bossy guy at the circus was. He was the annoying SWORD guy who wasn't all that fond of Darcy. He's still playing to type even though the context has changed!

The glitches didn't seem all that random to me -- it looked like they were going back in time step by step through the decades, as if, left unchecked, everything would end up back in the 50s again. I hope we do get a good explanation for this decade-by-decade sitcom thing. Paul Bettany did say there was a reason for it, that it wasn't arbitrary.

It also seems like Agatha was just faking the whole thing with Vision at the edge of the Hex in the Halloween episode. She must have been trying to push him to go out of the boundary to see what would happen.

New poster from Disney celebrating the release of The Muppets to Disney+

Attachments

• muppets.jpg
    muppets.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 68

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases