So, Wandavision?

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
Well,we know from the interactions between Banner,Vision and Shuri that if done right, He doesn't need the mind stone to operate.
Hypothetically at least for when Shuri was surgically extracting the stone for Wanda to destroy. Doesn't account for what happens when Thanos cracks the front of Vision's skull for the thing.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. J.A.R.V.I.S., Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another."
Bruce Banner to Vision

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Well,we know from the interactions between Banner,Vision and Shuri that if done right, He doesn't need the mind stone to operate.
I think building up new sources of power that aren't the Infinity Stones is going to be a major point of Phase 4. They did go out of their way to show that Wanda's power was initially inborn, and just enhanced by the Mind stone, not caused by it.

I'm betting the Eternals is going to do a lot of the heavy lifting in that regard, although I'm also curious how Shang-Chi is going to be depicted.

pukunui

Legend
They did go out of their way to show that Wanda's power was initially inborn, and just enhanced by the Mind stone, not caused by it.
Are you referring to the idea that Wanda unknowingly used magic to stop the bomb from exploding? That seemed to be the implication there. She thought it was a dud because she didn’t know she’d stopped it with magic.

The question I have is: has she become the Scarlet Witch, or has the Scarlet Witch become her?

What I mean is: Agatha has heard of the Scarlet Witch, either through a prophecy of her coming or because she already exists (or existed in the past). When Wanda saw the Scarlet Witch outline in the Infinity Stone glow, was it just a vision of her future, or was it the pre-existing Scarlet Witch coming to possess her / take her over?

Also, I find it amazing how they can make the same actress / character look so different in so many different ways!

Regarding Agatha and her powers and the different colors of the magic energy, as the members of the coven were punishing/killing? her with their blue magic energy, Agatha's neck and face started glowing a reddish-orange, like the book in the basement, and then red and blue made purple for Agatha's magic energy. Since she was not the same as all the others, including her mother, I think there was something she got into/made a pact with that made her glow red and then combined with the blue as it drained the magic and life from the coven. And that reddish-orange is different from the darker scarlet red that is Wanda's power.

TwoSix

Are you referring to the idea that Wanda unknowingly used magic to stop the bomb from exploding? That seemed to be the implication there. She thought it was a dud because she didn’t know she’d stopped it with magic.
Yep, exactly. I don't see a reason to have that portion of the scene (where Agatha talks about Wanda hexing the bomb) except to make sure that Wanda having inborn witch powers is demonstrated.

The question I have is: has she become the Scarlet Witch, or has the Scarlet Witch become her?

What I mean is: Agatha has heard of the Scarlet Witch, either through a prophecy of her coming or because she already exists (or existed in the past). When Wanda saw the Scarlet Witch outline in the Infinity Stone glow, was it just a vision of her future, or was it the pre-existing Scarlet Witch coming to possess her / take her over?
Definitely ambiguous, although I lean towards "The Mind Stone unlocked a potential she already had". I don't think possession fits the story line they've been building; it strips Wanda of too much of her agency.

TwoSix

Regarding Agatha and her powers and the different colors of the magic energy, as the members of the coven were punishing/killing? her with their blue magic energy, Agatha's neck and face started glowing a reddish-orange, like the book in the basement, and then red and blue made purple for Agatha's magic energy. Since she was not the same as all the others, including her mother, I think there was something she got into/made a pact with that made her glow red and then combined with the blue as it drained the magic and life from the coven. And that reddish-orange is different from the darker scarlet red that is Wanda's power.
Yea, contrasting Agatha's purple with her coven's blue was definitely intentional, to highlight that she's tainted her normal blue magic with something darker (whatever dark magic was being referenced in the conversation between Agatha and her mother). I do think the red-orange glow is that dark source, and was being contrasted for the audience with Wanda's scarlet chaos magic. Especially since Agatha seems shocked Wanda can use real chaos magic.

Definitely ambiguous, although I lean towards "The Mind Stone unlocked a potential she already had". I don't think possession fits the story line they've been building; it strips Wanda of too much of her agency.

And is too similar to the possessing the Phoenix Force does. I was only joking about that happening to Wanda many pages back here, but when Agatha starts talking about Wanda's powers, and before calling her the Scarlet Witch, I wondered for just a moment if my joke was actually correct. lol

Remove ads