So, Wandavision?

Omand

Hero
It might be that, or it might be that Agatha was already living there, with the Darkhold in her basement. I love Agatha too (I mean, she seemed to honestly wipe a tear while watching Vision and Wanda fall in love - how can you hate that). But still. She's probably a pure villain. Also, what exactly are those catacombs in her basement?

Also... did Vision buy that empty foundation in that town before he died? Is that what that note she read implied?
See above in Post #979, but I believe that is the case.

I think that is what we as the audience are supposed to believe. That Vision was planning for a future with the two of them together once the split in the Avengers was worked out (or perhaps even if was not; remember that in Infinity War, Wanda and Vision do talk about running away from it all).

Cheers :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And I believe Agatha created Sparky (and killed him) as one of her attempts to "wake Wanda up" from her fantasy, setting up the "life lesson" Wanda tells the twins. Agatha hoped the irony of what Wanda was saying about bringing back the dead would do the trick.

With respect, I don't think Agatha's could have made plan based on the specific choice of words Wanda might use in the future.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think that is what we as the audience are supposed to believe. That Vision was planning for a future with the two of them together once the split in the Avengers was worked out (or perhaps even if was not; remember that in Infinity War, Wanda and Vision do talk about running away from it all).

And really - Avengers were headquartered in New York. Westview is in NJ. The commute isn't all that big a deal for superheroes who can fly.

With respect, I don't think Agatha's could have made plan based on the specific choice of words Wanda might use in the future.

But she did somehow know the MCU-version of her brother was dead. Of course, she may have also just somehow heard the exchange between Monica and Wanda about Ultron and Pietro and that gave her time to set various things up. After all, time passes differently inside the Hex, than outside it. Months could have passed for everyone inside in the 2 weeks that have passed in the outside world since the Hex was established. the only thing inside that went super fast was the pregnancy because that was on-camera.

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
After all, time passes differently inside the Hex, than outside it. Months could have passed for everyone inside in the 2 weeks that have passed in the outside world since the Hex was established. the only thing inside that went super fast was the pregnancy because that was on-camera.
Based on what? The events of the episodes so far seem to show a consistency in the time outside and inside the Hex.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But she did somehow know the MCU-version of her brother was dead.

It isn't like what happened in Sokovia was secret. They blew up a city, and Hawkeye brought back a corpse on the transport. This led to the Sokovia Accords, which were quire public. I expect Pietro Maximoff's death got media play.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It isn't like what happened in Sokovia was secret. They blew up a city, and Hawkeye brought back a corpse on the transport. This led to the Sokovia Accords, which were quire public. I expect Pietro Maximoff's death got media play.
Why would Pietro‘s death specifically get media play though? The Battle in Sokovia was a chaotic affair featuring Killer Robots, Avengers and SHIELD, and, afaik, no media were on site. Pietro Maximoff was a pretty minor player in that fight, a foreign national, from a small east european warzone and NOT an avenger.

Davies

Legend
It might be that, or it might be that Agatha was already living there, with the Darkhold in her basement. I love Agatha too (I mean, she seemed to honestly wipe a tear while watching Vision and Wanda fall in love - how can you hate that).
I didn't take that for a sincere tear, more in the way of mockery. YMMV.

MarkB

Legend
Why would Pietro‘s death specifically get media play though? The Battle in Sokovia was a chaotic affair featuring Killer Robots, Avengers and SHIELD, and, afaik, no media were on site. Pietro Maximoff was a pretty minor player in that fight, a foreign national, from a small east european warzone and NOT an avenger.
It probably wouldn't have got much coverage at the time, but once Wanda was established as an Avenger she'd be effectively a celebrity in the public's eyes, leading to much public examination of her life in retrospect. Which would have massively snowballed after her involvement in the incident that kicks off Civil War.

Omand

Hero
Good points, but I think a bit off the mark.

Sure, at the time of the Battle of Sokovia the Maximoff's likely got little media play. You have to remember though that Wanda got a whole lot of media play as an Avenger, and even more so after the events of Captain America: Civil War.

Assuming the MCU Earth is fairly similar in societal terms to our own (a pretty safe assumption), the news networks would have had a field day with Wanda after the events we see depicted in that film. Indeed, we see some of that in the background of the debates around the Sokovia Accords. I would have to image that MCU Earth news would dig up everything they could on Wanda (including her family) when she became a hot media story, and the cause of a "massacre" to boot.

Cheers :)

Remove ads