So, Wandavision?

Rune

Once A Fool
I remember that one, but I could have sworn the brooch also looked like a profile of a rabbit at one point in the show.
I don’t think so.

C14D3DDD-C77E-49B3-9B37-6CEF576C4D2D.jpeg

pukunui

Legend
The finale is 50 minutes long (including credits). Starting now ...

EDIT: FWIW the "previously on" bit reminds us about Agatha's runes.

EDIT 2: There are two mid-credit scenes in this one!

Last edited:

Vael

Legend
So, as I suspected, a very Marvel-y ending. But ... I really enjoyed the ride. I do think I'll find the sitcom stuff more interesting in the rewatch.

pukunui

Legend
Well, I think a number of theories have proven to be correct, while others have fallen by the wayside. I won't spoil anything yet, but I'm keen for the rest of you guys to watch so I can talk about it!

*The "snacking on yo' magic" shark from the one ad was definitely foreshadowing for Agatha's power-sucking magic. That poor kid ended up looking like both Agatha's coven and, at least temporarily, Wanda herself.
*Fake Pietro was Ralph! But Ralph wasn't Mephisto. Neither was Hayward.
*White Vision wasn't Ultron, unless James Spader was also speaking at the same time as Paul Bettany? I couldn't really tell.
*It would appear that Paul Bettany was talking about himself when he was talking about that one actor.
*Wanda is now officially the Scarlet Witch, and she was "forged" by taking back Agatha's powers.
*Wanda paid attention with the runes and used that knowledge against Agatha.
That book *was the Darkhold.
*Monica's going to team up with Nick Fury in a future movie / TV show.
*I would like to see more of both Woo and Darcy.
*We never found out who Woo's witness protection person was.
*We never found out what happened to poor Agent Franklin.
*Wanda's kids still exist somewhere. That must be her connection to the multiverse of madness -- perhaps in her efforts to locate her kids in another multiverse, she messes things up and everything goes mad. Hopefully that's not exactly what happens, as that could result in Dr Strange, a man, coming to fix the mess that Scarlet Witch, a woman, has made. Erk.
*The residents of Westview seemed to be at least somewhat aware of what Wanda was doing to them, but her magic was nevertheless forcing them to play parts.
*I think it's fair that Wanda left Westview with the residents giving her the evil eye, and I acknowledge that she never meant to cause them pain or torture them in the way she did. However, I still feel a little bit like she snuck away a little too easily.

That'll do for now.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Called it. :)
So, one prediction for how Wanda could short-circuit the whole confrontation with Agatha - I think, unless she was being very smart and setting Wanda up, Agatha may have out-smugged herself back in the basement when she was showing off her superior witchy knowledge.

She pointed out the warding runes to Wanda, and told her that when a practitioner puts them up in her domain it prevents anyone else's magic from working there.

Well, the whole Hex is Wanda's domain, its physicality under her control, and there's nothing stopping her from erecting a set of 500-foot-tall warding runes at its borders and powering them up with chaos magic.

Staffan

Legend
I sure did NOT nail it. I was thinking at first that Agatha might have given Wanda some moral quandry (e.g. "Release the inhabitants from the cost of your mistakes, but it'll cost you your cozy family life") with the right response leading to mentorship and/or referral to the good Doctor (no, the other one), but nope. I was a little disappointed by this, but there was enough coolness going on anyway.

I definitely got the feeling that Monica did not gain powers from entering the hex, but rather had them already. She was way too comfortable diving in front of a bullet, and didn't seem surprised at what happened.

Cool thing by Wanda with the runes, though it had a feeling it was coming given that it was in the "Previously on". I think she also drained Agatha of her magic, so I wonder if Wanda's magic is now tainted by whatever tainted Agatha. And a grieving Mind Stone-empowered witch with access to the Darkhold, well, there's no possible way that can go wrong.

I wasn't exactly happy that they made the book the Darkhold, actually. The Darkhold is supposed to be unique, and had already featured on both Agents of SHIELD and Runaways. I was also a little disappointed they used cinema-aspect ratio for the inside of the hex though – it was a nice touch to have that as a thing indicating the realness of a location.

Also, Paul Bettany's troll level is epic.

And yeah, I want more Marvel TV shows. I generally prefer episodic TV to movies, because they allow for exactly the kind of longer-form storytelling that comics also excel at: shortish stories that weave into one another to create a greater whole.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
It's pretty much an open secret that Kevin Feige is not a fan of Agents of Shield. I would not be surprised that the inclusion of this very different version of the Darkhold is an indication that Agents of Shield is emphatically not part of the MCU continuity.

It's pretty much an open secret that Kevin Feige is not a fan of Agents of Shield. I would not be surprised that the inclusion of this very different version of the Darkhold is an indication that Agents of Shield is emphatically not part of the MCU continuity.

Not just that, but all the previous tv shows are only very loosely tied to the MCU. Sure, a crossover character here and there and some clean up by SHIELD in the aftermath of the first Avengers movie, but Marvel has stated before that they are not fully a part of the MCU canon.

Remove ads