So, Wandavision?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I am still hoping we find out about Agent Woo's witness, too, though they could just be a MacGuffin to get everything going.

Omand

Hero
Not a rabbit. Three figures, the middle holding a scythe.
Thanks for sharing the close up @Rune

If they are going with standard witch tropes, then the three figures on the brooch would likely be the triple goddess/three ages of woman - maiden, mother and crone. The scythe would indicate death, so likely the crone aspect as dominant.

Just speculating based upon some general myth which the MCU does like to use for background.

Cheers :)

Rune

Once A Fool
I am still hoping we find out about Agent Woo's witness, too, though they could just be a MacGuffin to get everything going.
Not a McGuffin. Leaving aside the fact that a McGuffin is necessarily not a person (it could, after all, be argued that the witness functionally isn’t either), it also necessarily is a thing that everyone (important to the plot) wants.

I’m not even sure Woo cares that much anymore. No one else has yet.

Davies

Legend
At this point, I suspect that the witness is going to be dealt with in a post credit stinger that sets up some later series or film. Between Wanda, Agatha, the two Visions, Monica and Darcy, I don't think there's going to be enough time to address the subject in any detail.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Not a McGuffin. Leaving aside the fact that a McGuffin is necessarily not a person (it could, after all, be argued that the witness functionally isn’t either), it also necessarily is a thing that everyone (important to the plot) wants.
Fiiine… Woo's witness may end up just being a plot device to get everything going. :p

Though now you have me thinking it was Sparky... :)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Thanks for sharing the close up @Rune

If they are going with standard witch tropes, then the three figures on the brooch would likely be the triple goddess/three ages of woman - maiden, mother and crone. The scythe would indicate death, so likely the crone aspect as dominant.

Just speculating based upon some general myth which the MCU does like to use for background.

Cheers :)

Are we sure they are three women? |
1 The Grim Reaper has already been referenced in the show so maybe the Brooch features Grim Reaper, Wonder Man and Vision :)

2 If it is three women then the Norns/Fates have appeared in Marvel Comics (and Norns link to Asgard and Thor).

3 Hecate also appears in the Marvel Comics as the triple faced goddess of magic - she was the first Witch on Earth and as the first entity to teach humans to use magic (even before Chthon and Agamotto) is invoked as the Mother of witches.
Maybe Hecate is the vision that Wanda saw in the Infinity Stone and that later Wanda will seek out Hecate - the first Scarlet Witch (plot for season 2?)

Last edited:

Remove ads