So, what are the 3rd party releases for this year?

der_kluge

Adventurer
So, we see what WoTC has slated for release this year. And most of those left me rather cold... So, I'd like for the d20 publishers to drop in and let us know what kinds of 3rd party goodness we can expect to see from them this year?

Iron Kingdoms World Guide just came out. I also still haven't picked up the (relatively) recent released Black Company book from Green Ronin. Then, Thieves' World comes out later in the year as well.

Those are the third party books I'm most looking for this year.

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Hi ya-

Thieves World of course, hopefully it will have the same charm as the old Chaosium version and Warhammer Fantasy RPG. I'm sure the lads will want to give WFRP a whirl on an off night of gaming.

Scott

MongooseMatt

First Post
Let's see - just d20 or OGL as well?

For d20, we have;

The Tome of Drow Lore - 256 pages of dark elf goodness.

Monster Encyclopaedias I and II - all new monsters, and there is talk of a third volume based around Epic level creatures. . .

Ultimate Equipment II - due very soon, lots of cool new kit, absolutely no magic items. . .

The Drow War Trilogy - the first in the Complete Campaigns series that will take characters from level 1 to 30.

Heroes of Fantasy - new core classes for fantasy d20.

Ruins of the Dragon Lord - a massive dungeon in a box set.

Great Big Monster Book - the Mother of all monster books (see thread in Publisher's forum), weighing in at 1,000-odd pages, to be released at Gen Con.

Wars RPG - based on the CCG.

How is that for starters? :)

loki44

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
Then, Thieves' World comes out later in the year as well.

Really? Who's publishing it?

Right now I'm looking forward to the rerelease of Warhammer FRP (Green Ronin/Black Industries) and the Wilderlands boxed set (Necromancer/Judges Guild).

der_kluge

Adventurer
MongooseMatt said:
Let's see - just d20 or OGL as well?

For d20, we have;

<lots of really great product>

How is that for starters? :)

You know, I'm far more excited about some of those things than I am about any of the WoTC releases. Looks like I need to budget higher for Gen Con... :)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Monte says this week he'll have some big announcement about a new thing that he's really excited about. I almost got the feeling it is a license, but I'm not sure.

Here's hoping it's the Vlad Taltos world - he's often said he's a fan of it.

edit: WRong again, I should stop guessing this, but I keep hoping. In a thread elsewhere on this site, the "announcement" world looks like it's been guessed.

Remove ads