So, what published 3e adventures are you always going to remember?

JeffB

Legend
Sunless Citadel...oh what fun the "dragonpriest" was.

Didnt run it but I liked Forge of Fury as well. After that, I thought the quality of WOTC modules dropped dramatically.

Not a psionics guy, but Of Sound Mind was fantastic. Never did get to run it unfortunately

Crucible of Freya, Abysthor, Rappan Athuk 1 , HOTRM from Necro.

First module of the Coin Trilogy from Kalamar (Root of All Evil)

Of all of them, I think COF was the most fun. By then I knew the rules a bit better, and the players did too. Plus COF scared them..none of that "you will find only balanced encounters" garbage, they managed to bumble around til they found the troll outside of town..bwhahaha. It just reminded me more of days gone by. Very easy to get your PCs killed if you played poorly.

shaylon

First Post
Great question.

I loved Of Sound Mind, by Piratecat. It was a different adventure than my group typically plays and my character was the one who figured out the mystery of Bellhold.

The DCC modules that I have played in were all pretty good. We had a lot of fun with those. The Dragonfiend Pact sticks out because the "dragon" in that module wound up becoming a vital part of that campaign.

The most memorable, however, will probably be Shackled City. Shackled City, what I saw of it anyway, was pretty cool, but it ended the campaign last night with a TPK. Star Wars Saga here we come!

-Shay

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Eyes of the Lich Queen
Chimes at Midnight (From Dungeon) and it's sequels.

Of course, those are the only two pre-done 3E adventures I've ever run, so I may be biased :) Very seldom so we use pre-done modules.

Flynn

First Post
For a surprise entry, let me put in the following:
"Heart of Amun Khonshu", an Adventure Keep mini-adventure by Alderac

I also enjoyed "Against the Barrow King", also by Alderac, but with a few modifications.

Enjoy,
Flynn

Mean DM

Explorer
My favorite by far was Dark Awakenings: Guardian from Auran. The plot was solid and the use of 3d graphics was way ahead of its time.

Mark

Last edited:

DemonKing

First Post
Red Hand of Doom stands out for me as the highlight of the WOTC adventures.

I also quite like Forge of Fury and Expedition to the Ruins of Castle Greyhawk.

Napftor

Explorer
Atlas Games' Three Days to Kill--just a ton of fun with this no-nonsense plot.

And since the thread is about modules you'll always remember, I also have to include Vengeance in Freeport because, well, it was my chance to contribute to the legacy of Freeport! :)

Remove ads