WotC So, when do the announce the July book? Guesses on what it'll be? 🤔

I'll put my chips here, and add that I think there'll be a Baba Yaga angle (based on stuff in Tasha's, on the precedent of Xanathar's Guide and the Waterdeep Adventures).

Just so y'all know, Greg Tito in on Magic Weekly on the MtG Twitch right now preparing for some announcement stuff. Playing a Dark Alliance trailer right now.
I'd definitely be happy with a fey-themed Moonshaes adventure...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It leaves me wonder what other Gods will be in the set. Lolth? Corellon Larethian? Moradin? Sune?

It had occurred to me the face of the Aura of Courage Deck could be Torm himself as a Human Knight God.

And given the picture of Bahumut is in human form, its possible he could be a DFC. We know there are DFCs in this set because the prerelease comes with 3 double sided dungeon cards.
Possibly not too many, depending on the story: god cards are pretty rare in Magic, and god avatars are pretty rare in the 5E FR.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Okay the prerelease comes 3 double sided foil dungeon cards and the Bundle comes with 3 oversized dungeon cards, so that leaves me asking WTF are Dungeon Cards.
During the stream, they teased that they were going to be doing the Dungeons part of Dungeons & Dragons justice, so it seems that Dungeon cards will be a major mechanic of the Set. Maybe some variation on Saga?

see

Pedantic Grognard
I mean, you can also run a mono Red deck with multiple copies of Magda and a bunch of Dwarves and some Goldspan Dragons to cheat her into the battlefield.

I didn't suggest it was impossible, just that it will take some planning and luck.
Yeah, all right, my fault.

Next time I suggest that a card is "easy to use" by proposing a deck that uses literally thousands of dollars of long-OOP cards in absurd quantities, I'll remember to throw in some smileys.

Possibly not too many, depending on the story: god cards are pretty rare in Magic, and god avatars are pretty rare in the 5E FR.

The ones I listed are heads of racial Pantheons except Sune (whose kind of the head of her cohead of her Pantheon). And Kaldheim had 12 Gods not including Changelings. Some Gods could be in the Commander Decks as well.

During the stream, they teased that they were going to be doing the Dungeons part of Dungeons & Dragons justice, so it seems that Dungeon cards will be a major mechanic of the Set. Maybe some variation on Saga?

Oversized Sagas?

Given the two products they come in appear to be have draft boosters, I suspect they are something akin to Conspircy and Planes card types, they are really only for Draft and Sealed, and go onto your Command Zone, not your deck.

Never touched Magic before. Was a Pokemon player for a time and might be neat to do the DnD Magic. Just buy and build decks with that set as a one-and-done
Super confused by where to start

According to the releases there the "Collector Booster Packs," "Draft Booster Packs," as well as just "Booster Packs." Plus displays for all three. There's "Theme Booster Packs" but also a Bundle. And "Commander Decks"
If I just want to buy some cards and play, what the naughty word do I ask for at the store?! If I want some extra cards to build my own deck or two which of the three different types of packs is the best??

Jeez, could WizCo make this any more confusing?!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The ones I listed are heads of racial Pantheons except Sune (whose kind of the head of her cohead of her Pantheon). And Kaldheim had 12 Gods not including Changelings. Some Gods could be in the Commander Decks as well.
Theros also had 12 (including demigods), but...Ikoria had 0, Core 21 had 0, Zendikar had 0, and Strixhaven had 0. God is not a super common MtG card type, and as I said, Tiamat is the sole example in published FR Adventures during 5E, so I wouldn't wager that we will see many. Bahumat might end up being a Planeswalker, honestly, not a "god" creature per se.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oversized Sagas?

Given the two products they come in appear to be have draft boosters, I suspect they are something akin to Conspircy and Planes card types, they are really only for Draft and Sealed, and go onto your Command Zone, not your deck.
I wouldn't speculate too much, though they did seem to hint it is big. They have an entire Commander deck themed around Dungeon cards, so it is certainly not a Limited only card.

Remove ads