• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some crunch from Rich Baker

Scipio202

Explorer
A few things pulled from Rich Bakers answers on the FR gleemax thread

:1: Answering a question about whether some PP's will be open to more than one class (here) :

Paragon path requirements will vary a bit. The PH paths are tied to specific classes (although you can get around that with multiclassing), but other paths aren't tied so tightly.

:2: Here he suggests Swordmage's primary stats will be INT and STR (not surprising).

:3: Here he talks about deity-specific feats/powers for clerics:

The cleric and paladin have the ability to channel divine power. All clerics learn to use this to turn undead. Clerics who want to spend a feat on it can pick up a deity-specific use for this ability, which often amounts to a deity-specific power.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Scipio202 said:
A few things pulled from Rich Bakers answers on the FR gleemax thread

:1: Answering a question about whether some PP's will be open to more than one class (here) :

:2: Here he suggests Swordmage's primary stats will be INT and STR (not surprising).

:3: Here he talks about deity-specific feats/powers for clerics:

All clerics still turn undead huh? :?
That sucks.

hong

WotC's bitch
Ashrem Bayle said:
That sucks.
At least now it's "radiant energy" that comes from the Astral dominions, as opposed to "positive energy" that comes from being goody-goody.

Jack99

Adventurer
Ashrem Bayle said:
That sucks.

Yeah. I was really hoping they would do away with that crap. Ah well, I guess it will make for some nice house-ruling, making powers equal to turn undead for the different clerics.

Voss

First Post
Have an option to swap it out for one of those feats?
I know I'd much rather have Power of the Sun (Amaunator, for those who do like setting specific fluff spoon-fed to them), than turn undead, unless the campaign was designed to be undead heavy.

Mercule

Adventurer
Jack99 said:
Yeah. I was really hoping they would do away with that crap. Ah well, I guess it will make for some nice house-ruling, making powers equal to turn undead for the different clerics.
Indeed. In 3e, I allowed clerics to choose any one (basic) channeling feat to replace their turn undead.

Turning undead should be something resembling "my god disapproves of you". Ambient energy of any sort is... unfortunate.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The cleric and paladin have the ability to channel divine power. All clerics learn to use this to turn undead. Clerics who want to spend a feat on it can pick up a deity-specific use for this ability, which often amounts to a deity-specific power.

I wonder how easy it would be to turn this around, so that by default all clerics get their deity specific power, but they can spend a feat on it to turn undead?

That sounds rather appealing to me.

Plane Sailing said:
I wonder how easy it would be to turn this around, so that by default all clerics get their deity specific power, but they can spend a feat on it to turn undead?

That sounds rather appealing to me.

I was about to suggest the same thing, actually, for those who prefer it. One of the easiest house rules I can think of. :)

Anthraxus

Explorer
Ashrem Bayle said:
That sucks.

Another vote for That Sucks.

Unfortunately, alot of my playing is in a RAW campaign. :( When I DM, at least I can house rule this one.

Remove ads