Some people in Canada have recieved the 4E FRCG early!

rounser

First Post
Did they miss "Percy"
Not exactly. It seems no coincidence that the new status of Baldur's Gate might have a lot to do with the success of Bioware's games.

But then, why kill off Neverwinter if it has similar brand name recognition. Maybe it doesn't. Or maybe it's more useful as a ruin.

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
Not exactly. It seems no coincidence that the new status of Baldur's Gate might have a lot to do with the success of Bioware's games.

But then, why kill off Neverwinter if it has similar brand name recognition. Maybe it doesn't. Or maybe it's more useful as a ruin.
-I think Luskan and Neverwinter were axed because of the Living Realms. The want players from those two regions to either be from Waterdeep, or Baldurs Gate. At least thats what I think. I think most of the changes are because they want players in the Living Realms to be on equal footing, and plus they probably didn't want the pissy fan-boy disrupting their events because of lore mistakes.

SPECTRE:6::6::6:

The Little Raven

First Post
I get a sense of deja vu, here. I remember you liking something else for the very first time in it's existence that also just happened to be being overhauled for 4E as well. I can't recall what it was.

Probably the core cosmology, since the Great Wheel was never something I enjoyed.

Otherwise, you might be thinking of my early comments about the 4e Realms, as I did mention way back when they first talked about the drastic changes they were making that it was making me interested for the first time as something to simply drop into and play. Previously, I just mined the books I owned for mechanical/flavor ideas.

Set

First Post
So, from the list, of my favorites; Bane and Torm remain as Greater Gods (nice work on the promotion, Torm!). Angharradh, Auril, Loviator, Talona and Tymora remains as flunkies. Most of the Roger Moore Demihuman Dieties have gone on to become demigods, including old favorites like Arvoreen, Baervan Wildwanderer, Deep Sashelas and Solonar Thelandira. Ooh, there's Jergal, my favorite death god!

Some new god has joined the 'cold elemental gods,' named Bazim-Gorag. Maybe he's a Shadow Elemental-themed diety?

Happiest news ever, Sehanine Moonfaker is dead, dead, dead. Yeah, baby! I'm willing to accept that Cyric somehow survived another century of being the biggest screw-up, ever. He's one of those 'lucky fools,' I guess, who always has soot on his face and a surprised expression. He probably got that book of his from Acme...

And Lleira continues her greatest trick ever, convincing the world that she's still dead. (No, I'm not in denial. What do you mean?)

The Little Raven

First Post
Happiest news ever, Sehanine Moonfaker is dead, dead, dead. Yeah, baby!

Not technically dead... just an aspect of Selune.

I'm willing to accept that Cyric somehow survived another century of being the biggest screw-up, ever.

Actually, I'd say that Cyric fulfills the portfolio of strife better than his predecessor, since things have been in constant upheaval since he took the office. Sure, he was going mad for a while, but then again, all of the mortals-turned-deities were having problems for a while because of the huge paradigm shift between being mortal and being divine. And he was the direct cause of the biggest period of strife in Realms history: the Spellplague. He has murdered several gods, as a mortal and a god himself. In fact, he's so good at his job that a bunch of other gods banded together in order to lock him up.

Remove ads