Some people in Canada have recieved the 4E FRCG early!

soulcatcher78

First Post
Unhappy about them bumping off Mask (just not seeing Shar as a good replacement if that's how it is going to work out) and the craptastic maps (same as the excerpts, ugh).

Happy about the clearing of the decks, lots of room for DMs to go crazy and build their own Forgotten Realms (which means Mask is still running for his life from that big scary freakin' dog thing).

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Evermeet was not "destroyed" - big parts of the city where shunted into the Feywild. So, you can explore and raid the Big Elven Island (TM) until some Eladrin pop up out of nowhere and say:

"Put down that Moonblade. Slowly."

Yay!

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
Like a lead balloon I suspect.

Mostly 4e imposing itself on the cosmology that got changed once again. Big A already had more power than gods within his own plane. Godhood would be superfluous.

Your bashing of all D&D non-great wheel/Planescape cosmologies is getting really dull.

I have been a great wheel fan since 1987 and a Planescape fan since 1994, but that doesn't mean that any D&D cosmology that deviates from that is crap.

That's why no one is commiserating with you, because you just come off as a child who has thrown his toys out of the pram.

rounser

First Post
Who gives a tinker's cuss about the gods. Honestly, why are people so obsessed with FR's soap opera of the gods? It's definitely the least interesting part of the setting, yet it's most of people seem to talk about on REALMS-L and other places.

4E FR comes out, and the first thing talked about is what gods are in? Sheesh. The soap opera goes on.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Only thing I care about is Calimport/Calimsham and Jarlaxle and Artemis (he could possibly be alive thanks to his vampiric blade).

So, can't wait till I hear anything about those things.

Trickstergod

First Post
Mostly 4e imposing itself on the cosmology that got changed once again. Big A already had more power than gods within his own plane. Godhood would be superfluous.

Kind of like what Planescape did with some D&D settings, such as Dragonlance?

In any sensible setting, gods are pretty much the biggest deal out there. It's only in a shared setting like Planescape that deities pretty much have to take a bit of a backseat in order for the whole thing to work.

Otherwise, a god should be the top of the food chain and becoming one is the furthest thing from superfluous.

Remove ads