• COMING SOON! -- The Awfully Cheerful Engine on Kickstarter! An action comedy RPG inspired by cheerful tabletop games of the 80s! With a foreword by Sandy 'Ghostbusters' Petersen, and VTT support!
log in or register to remove this ad

 

Some Stories Are True

Gigeaux

Villager
Volki will stay hidden and quiet to keep a strategic advantage, but be ready if they advance close enough to attack with poison with her hands. She will be watching them closely to be sure they don’t flank.
72
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Posting for @Astrid
Astrid prickles with agitation. Her fingers tingle with electricity, but she does not yet expose her talent. She drops a charged stone in her sling, waiting on the first hostile action.
OOC: 50
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Posting for @Osthelerin Hawke
Hiroshi, holding 3 javelins in his left hand and one in his right, spreads his arms apart and points the tips of the weapons outward, inviting challenge. He will launch the single javelin at any Shimadow charging his position, then use them for melee. Figuring it may add to the intimidation of the parlay, he causes his image to blur.
OOC: 75
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Volki will stay hidden and quiet... be ready... poison... watching... flank.
72
Astrid... drops a charged stone in her sling...
Hiroshi... will launch... then... melee... blur.
... Wrenn says... shoot the one who spoke... Acidity.
[/ooc]
Bow Attack: 83, Acidity: 98(+78) = 176 Wow, great roll.
Askari... adjust... until they act first...
21, 77, 99 (+18 luck) 117
Volki: 29(conceal) + 28(camouflage) + 175(d100) = 232
Hiroshi: 31(blur)
Oorvid: 32(motility)
Volki whispers in Ansylin. "I valori anomali stanno fiancheggiando."
The outliers are flanking.
The speaker makes a mock bow. This group has more poise than the two previously encountered, but the feeling of greater deviousness is palpable. He looks up to the top of the pergola at the sound of Wrenn's voice. "Ah, I see why you speak our language. We have you outnumbered. Your two fighters, whatever tribe they may be, have size, but we have speed. Fire your arrow. Let's see how good you are. I am going to skewer the dark one, here."

The two central Shimadows prepare to throw javelins at Askari and Oorvid. The four nearest flankers prepare to throw at Hiroshi, Astrid, and Wrenn, even though Wrenn is partially covered due to the angle of the throw from the ground to the structure. Volki is completely hidden.
Askari: full wellness
Astrid: full wellness
Stones: 20
Hiroshi: full wellness
Javelins: 3, stone: 3, ularin
Oorvid: full wellness
Tunic: 68
Volki: full wellness
Tunic: 50 - 2 = 48%
Wrenn: full wellness
Tunic: 59
Arrows: 14
41 marks: currency
Aluminum: 6 ingots, {shock x3}

Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
Bandy Skull Talisman: 1, ??
Bat Guano: 12 measures, {heat x2}
Rodent Tooth Necklace: 1, (Health +1)
Songbird Talisman: 1, ??
Spider Claws: 3 sets, (Cohesion +1), {toxicity x2}
Spider Fangs: 3 sets, (Cohesion +1)

Coal: 5 bricks, ??
Dull, Gray Stone: 1, ??
Livestone: 1, (Strength +2)
Emberstone: 1, ??

Dried Leaves: 1 measure, ??
Itch Weed: 1 measure, {acidity x2}
Flowers: 2 measures, ??
Bat Colony: 2
Rheini Village
OOC: Everyone receives 5 DP. State combat intentions and provide three random rolls or reprint unused rolls: reaction, physical, mystical.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Wrenn takes the speaker up on his dare, shooting him (hopefully) in the neck. He follows up with acidity, attempting to boil the speaker's skin into a solvent mush.

99 (+81) = 180 Reaction
Un-used roll: Bow Attack: 83
Un-used roll: Acidity: 98(+78) = 176
 

Askari will use the structure as cover for incoming ranged attacks until they close near enough to be engaged in melee.

If they don’t appear to be closing, he will advance while using his buckler to attempt to deflect any ranged attacks.

21, 77, 99 (+18 luck) 117
 




MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Wrenn... shooting... acidity...
Askari will... cover... until... melee.
... Volki... acid... itch weed... flank...
... Hiroshi launches... javelin... running forward...
Astrid... charged stone...
GM: My apologies for lacking a tactical map. I will try to describe location and distance.

Volki: 29(conceal) + 28(camouflage) + 175(d100) = 232
Hiroshi: 31(blur)
Oorvid: 32(motility), 32(strength)
Oorvid takes a deep breath and exhales slowly, another ripple flowing over his skin. He will attempt to avoid any thrown javelins until melee ensues.
Askari: 29(readiness) + 23(speed) + 23(clarity) + 21(d100) = 96
Astrid: 22 + 31 + 24 + 50 = 127
Hiroshi: 23 + 21 + 32 + 75 = 151
Oorvid: 23 + 22 + 23 + 89 = 158
Volki: 25 + 28 + 29 + 119 = 201
Wrenn: 23 + 24 + 34 + 180 = 261
Shimadows: 17 + 25 + 11 + 99 = 152
Askari: delay
Astrid: 200 - 127 = 73
Hiroshi: 180 - 151 = 29
Oorvid: delay
Volki: 200 - 201 = ~0 + 100(wait)
Wrenn: 300 - 261 = 39
Shimadows: 180 - 152 = 28
Hiroshi, who is standing outside of the SE support column, and the incoming Shimadow launch javelins at almost the same instant. A mere fraction of a second later, while the javelins are all in the air, Wrenn fires his arrow. Half a second later, Astrid releases her stone. A quarter of a second after that, the outliers have moved within range to be affected by Volki. Askari and Oorvid are both near the NE support column of the pergola. Askari on Oorvid's right. He takes a step backward, moving under the pergola, within a stride of the hidden position of Volki.
Astrid: 21(launch) + 31(accuracy) + 24(clarity) + 50(d100) = 126
Hiroshi: 23 + 21 + 32 + 75 = 151
Wrenn: 23 + 24 + 34 + 83 = 164 + 50(range) = 204
Shimadows: 17 + 25 + 11 + 89 = 142

Askari: 23(avoidance) + 22(analysis) + 77(d100) = 122
Astrid: 31 + 23 + 50 = 104
Hiroshi: 22 + 30 + 75 = 127 + 31(blur) = 158
Oorvid: 21 + 30 + 71 = 122
Wrenn: 23 + 24 + 83 = 130 + 50(cover) = 180
Shimadows: 30 + 11 + 81 = 122
Astrid: 42 + 24 + 50 = 116
Volki: 38 + 29(acidity) x 2(itch weed) + 119 = 215
Wrenn: 28 + 34(acidity) + 176 = 238

Shimadows: 17(conditioning) + 125(d100) = 142
S1: 204 - 122 = 82% * 10 = 8. Body: 10 - 8 = 2, injured.
238 - 142 = 96% * 4 = 4. Body: 2 - 4 = -2. incapacitated.
S3: 151 - 122 = 29% * 10 = 3. Body: 10 - 3 = 7, hurt.
S4: 215 - 142 = 73% * 4 = 3. Body: 10 - 3 = 7, hurt.
Askari, Astrid, and Oorvid are all grazed by javelins, but only Astrid is actually hurt. All Shimadows continue to close the distance.

Wrenn is not able to hit his target in the neck, the short is quite effective, none the less. The arrow pierces the chest just below the right clavicle, severing the subscapular artery, causing significant injury. The wound then begins to burn with a mystical acidity, incapacitating the foe.

Hiroshi avoids the javelin launched at him and manages to hit one of the outliers with his own, causing some harm.

Volki, without disclosing her location, causes a mystical acid burn on one of the flankers. The bracelet of itch weed disintegrates as she manipulates the chemical waylines.

Astrid has no difficulty hitting the desired tree with her sling stone, but both Shimadows within range resist taking any damage from the electrical discharge.

The partner of the Shimadow who spoke and is now lying on the ground ignores Askari and Oorvid and charges toward the SE column in hopes of reaching Wrenn.
Askari: 142 - 122 = 20% * 10 = 2 - 2(shirt) = 0
Shirt: 40 - 1 = 39
Astrid: 142 - 104 = 38% * 10 = 4 - 2(mantle) = 2. Body: 10 - 2 = 8, hurt.
Mantle: 30 - 2 = 28
Stones: 20
Hiroshi: full wellness
Javelins: 3, stone: 3, ularin
Oorvid: 142 - 122 = 20% * 10 = 2 - 2 = 0.
Tunic: 68 - 1 = 67
Volki: full wellness
Tunic: 50 - 2 = 48
Wrenn: full wellness
Tunic: 59
Arrows: 14
41 marks: currency
Aluminum: 6 ingots, {shock x3}

Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
Bandy Skull Talisman: 1, ??
Bat Guano: 12 measures, {heat x2}
Rodent Tooth Necklace: 1, (Health +1)
Songbird Talisman: 1, ??
Spider Claws: 3 sets, (Cohesion +1), {toxicity x2}
Spider Fangs: 3 sets, (Cohesion +1)

Coal: 5 bricks, ??
Dull, Gray Stone: 1, ??
Livestone: 1, (Strength +2)
Emberstone: 1, ??

Dried Leaves: 1 measure, ??
Flowers: 2 measures, ??
Bat Colony: 2
Rheini Village
OOC: Everyone receives 5 DP. State further combat intentions and provide two random rolls: physical, mystical.
 
Last edited:

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top