[sorta OT] Slip covers

7thlvlDM

Explorer
You know, there are some people who like the new look of the 3rd Edition books, and then there are other people who prefer the covers of old where there was some scene depicted. I suggest to cater to both crowds you could have book covers with pieces of artwork on them.

-7thlvlDM

Templetroll

Explorer
When school ended my daughter took the plastic covers fromher books and the Digimon one onher PHB and the Pokemon one on my wife's. Mine had to stay as it was since she liked the way it looks so much. :)

All of us have our own 'arcane mark' that we draw inside our books and I have been putting the marks of my wizard characters on the first page of my PHB. Since I had a few die there is now a row of them across the page. My mark is based on tolkien's Sindarin script. My wife did her own so it would look like the ones in the FR stuff. My daughter's has a slight resemblance to a musical note but different enough to look elvish.

We all like stickers of various kinds so we also have those inside the covers, including the MM and DMG. Most of them are of the type that come in the small cardboard folder from a machine for 50 cents.

No chance of anyone mistaking our books for theirs. :) My daughter also used blue and pink highlighters to highlight the entirety of the Druid class and the Sorcerer class.

it is good to be unique!

:)

Shadowdancer

First Post
I have been looking for leather covers for my gaming books for years. I've seen some at ren fests and on websites for refillable journals, but none are the right dimensions to fit the PHB, DMG, MM, etc.

I have several of the old Chessex vinyl book covers which I use, but I hate how Zeroxed pages, if left inside the books so that they touch the covers, will stick to the vinyl, and the ink will even peel off onto the vinyl.

Bloodstone Mage

First Post
Paladin, you've got yet another customer for those leather covers.

If we can customize our colors, I'd like to get a ghost white one for, none other than, my Ghostwalk book. I want all of my RPG books from now on to be in good condition, and I've been meaning to cover that and the others I intend to buy anyways.

This idea is so cool!

Cheers!!

Paladin

Explorer
Wow. This seems like a popular idea. :) I've already got a pattern in mind for the covers, and I'll think more on it at GenCon. We have 14 leather choices so you'd have a plethora of choices there.

As an FYI, the premium leather we use is expensive - ask our customers who have a leather bag from us about the quality -so these covers aren't going to be cheap. But, we'll have to engineer those after the Best Four Days in Gaming! :D We're heading out in about an hour, so we'll be out of touch for a while. If anyone should have questions that our website doesn't answer, call us.

Remove ads