Special Conversion Thread: Aboleths

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sure. Illusory wall probably has limited use in the open sea. I could see keeping veil, though, as it masks its skum to resemble merfolk or tritons. :devil:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ok, so far we'll drop illusory wall and keep veil. Drop the other two or keep them? Any thoughts, demiurge?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Keep persistant, drop project. Project image is truly nasty, and removing it does remove with it a good bit of the aboleth's caster cred.

freyar

Sounds good. So what does that correspond to in the psionic version, and do we want to add anything else before skills and feats?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Telepathy range?

Skills: 6 at 13 ranks
Aboleths have Concentration, Knowledge (any one), Listen, and Spot

Feats: 4
Aboleths have Alertness, Combat Casting, Iron Will

Environment: Any aquatic?

freyar

Back to enslave for a moment: despite being weaker psionically, the saltwater aboleth has better enslavement. It shouldn't be broken until the victim moves 5 miles away, and it should be 6/day instead of 3/day. That's the difference in the older versions.

The regular aboleth doesn't have telepathy, so I don't think the psionically weaker saltwater one should have it either.

Let's give them also Swim (seems logical, right?). Other than that, maybe Spellcraft or Psicraft (for the underbar). Autohypnosis or an additional Knowledge also seem like good choices.

Perhaps Improved Initiative for the last feat?

I guess any aquatic if we can't specify saltwater. ;)

Remove ads