• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Finishing off giants and their kin

Shade

Monster Junkie
If we take a storm giant and advance it to Colossal, we get the following physical ability scores:

Str 55, Dex 14, Con 31.

The mountain giant has Con 37, so I'd like to go higher. I don't really see them with a Dex bonus, either.

How about Str 55, Dex 10, Con 45?

They are of genius Intelligence (17-18). That's just a hair higher than a storm giant, and the same as an eldritch giant. Since these guys are supposed to be walking knowledge depositories, and rival dragons in age, I'm thinking we should borrow mental stats from one of the mid-tier great wyrm dragons. Perhaps a blue? Int 22, Wis 23, Cha 22?

Shade

Monster Junkie
The earth giant suffers 2d8 points of damage from stone shape spells, 3d8 from transmute rock to mud spells, and 8d6 from earthquake spells.

Write this up similar to many golems, listing the specific spells, or simplify it to "any spell that affects earth deals 1d8 points of damage per spell level to an earth giant"?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sure. How's this?

Vulnerable to Earth-Affecting Magic (Ex): Any spell that affects earth or rock (such as earthquake, move earth, stone shape, and transmute rock to mud) deals 1d8 points of damage per spell level to an earth giant (Will half).

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I might change the Will half parenthetical to a sentence--A successful Will save halves the damage taken. Parentheticals are more of a 3.0ism.

Remove ads