Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I don't think I'd signed off on it, but I will do so now. CR is probably ok at 6 compared to the werebear. LA might need a boost, though. Similar lycanthropes are a +3.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Mechanics all done? Ready for tactics, description, and background?

Tactics have to mention sneaking up on people and choking them!

Cleon

Legend
Mechanics all done? Ready for tactics, description, and background?

Tactics have to mention sneaking up on people and choking them!

Sure.

Of course, as well as sneaking up on people they use the far more effective tact... *Gah* *Chkkkk* *cann'tt breaath** .... *rattle*

Yesth, letth finish off the tacticth:

Combat
Greater seawolfth ith real friendly and giv great hugth. If you
show yur friendly by throwin yur weapons down, then run up to the seawolf fur a cuddle, the big ocean-puppy will be yur bethtetht friend forever.

Cleon

Legend
Yesth, letth finish off the tacticth:

Combat
Greater seawolfth ith real friendly and giv great hugth. If you
show yur friendly by throwin yur weapons down, then run up to the seawolf fur a cuddle, the big ocean-puppy will be yur bethtetht friend forever.

*contingent true resurrection*

Ha! You weren't expecting to see me again, were you, you wolf-of-the deep.

Grrr.

Take this! *empowered maximized repeat enervation*

Yip! Yip!! Yip!!! with 6 negative levels.

You can Run, but you can't hide from the Repeat feat!

Gaa!!! [thump of seawolf hitting the ground].

Anyhow, how about:

A sleek seal-like creature, powerfully muscled and four or five yards long.The beast has the head of a snarling wolf,tiny ears, and jaws crammed with fangs. Its body is covered in thick fur which lengthens into a mane over its neck and shoulders.

A greater seawolf is a powerful relative of the common seawolf detailed in Stormwrack. Greater seawolves do not have a hybrid "wolfman" form like standard seawolves do, they can only take the shape of a human or a large wolf-headed seal. They roam the ocean in packs like their lesser seawolf kin, seeking out humanoids to murder or inflict with their curse.

in its natural form, a greater seawolf is typically 12 to 15 feet long and weighs 1000 to 1500 pounds. In human form they stand 6 or 7 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds or more.

COMBAT
Cunning and sly, greater seawolves prefer to fight in seawolf form and use their human form to mislead their victims. A common greater seawolf trick is to take human form and climb aboard a ship at night, silently strangle the watch, then assault the sleeping crew.

Cleon

Legend
What werecreature do you fancy doing next?

I've got three variant Wererats flagged as "PENDING" in my Batches to Come post, so I'm game doing those next. They're similar enough that it shouldn't take that long to convert them.

Incidentally, I've discovered there are a few Lycanthropes from the Ravenloft supplement Children of the Night: Werebeasts that aren't in Echohawk's list, together with some other lycanthropes that don't appear to have official conversions, namely:

Catwere, Weredog, Werecobra, Weredolphin, Weredragon, Weregorilla, Weremole, Wereowl, Werepanther, Werespider.

The Bold Ones are from Children of the Night and aren't in Echohawk's Index, the remainder are in the Index and mainly originate from "New Lycanthropes in the Realms" in FR7 Hall of Heroes. Most of those have some 3.0 stats in the fan supplement Bestiary of the Realms but as far as I've been able to find they don't have any official 3E stats.

For clarification, the "Weredragon" above is not the same as the Song Dragon "Weredragon" of the Realms - it's a genuine lycanthrope, not a shapechanging true dragon.

Remove ads