D&D 5E Spell Cards for D&D 5E using Magic Set Editor (MSE)

pdzoch

Explorer
Spellbook Cards Large Image

I've added fourth style called Spellbook Cards Large Image. This set has a large background image option for the users. Add your own background, whether it be a texture or picture, to customize your cards. I've included a scaling feature in the style to change the intensity of the image to lighten the image to the point of being a watermark. There are pre-loaded colors for the borders, but you can select your own colors. You can also tint the background in the same color as your selected border. The spell details are straightforward text and uses the same information used by the other styles. Below are four samples using a variety of backgrounds.

Magic Missile2.jpgMagic Missile4.jpgMass Cure Wounds.jpgDimension Door.jpg

basilforth

Explorer
These look great! Here's a related question for you: I have been considering making character cards in this format. Presenting each character in the adventure as a Magic Card or Pokemon card. It would make it easier for my younger kids who are playing. Naturally, you would not be able to put a lot of information on such a card.

Any recommendations for a card maker to do that?

pdzoch

Explorer
These look great! Here's a related question for you: I have been considering making character cards in this format. Presenting each character in the adventure as a Magic Card or Pokemon card. It would make it easier for my younger kids who are playing. Naturally, you would not be able to put a lot of information on such a card.

I recommend taking a look at the initiative cards in the download section. I have a set (I think I call them initiative tents) that provides the badic quick reference data for the PCs, NPCs, and monsters. However, the card size and layout might not work for your purpose. I am working on monster/npc/pc cards that are 4x6 or 5x8 reference cards that provide the handy reference for the players/DM, but I haven't finished it yet. Challenge with standard playing card sized restrictions is ensuring the information is readable. I have both seniors and young children in playing groups, and font size is an issue. When I have the reference card format done, I will post the style with the initiative card download. I'll see about posting the draft card on that thread for comment and feedback for the final design.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

pdzoch

Explorer

How about this? Will these work for you?

SansMoins

Explorer
When starting from scratch, Trying to make a spell card using Draconic style, I was unable to change the spell level. I had to go to a different style set it there and come back. However, I was still unable to change it from the Draconic style.

pdzoch

Explorer
When starting from scratch, Trying to make a spell card using Draconic style, I was unable to change the spell level. I had to go to a different style set it there and come back. However, I was still unable to change it from the Draconic style.

Thanks for the catch. I'll troubleshoot it now.

pdzoch

Explorer

o.k. The Spell level DragonScale will change when you change the spell level on the text field. The change in the spell level text field changes both fields. The same is true for the spell school -- the dragon orb will change when you change the spell school text.

SansMoins

Explorer
o.k. The Spell level DragonScale will change when you change the spell level on the text field. The change in the spell level text field changes both fields. The same is true for the spell school -- the dragon orb will change when you change the spell school text.

Lol, I just figured that out. Thanks.

pdzoch

Explorer
Attached is a sneak peak of the new style for the Spellcards. This time, in a horizontal/landscape format. Full bleed art option with variable intensity. Optional borders of a selectable magic script style. Several textures to chose from, also with variable intensity. Also, for the first time, an option to build other types of cards other than spellcards -- sort of a blank text format. Below are a few sample from the template.

Magic Missile H.jpg Cure Wounds.jpg Scorching Ray.jpg Cunning Action.jpg Horde Breaker.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases