Spelljammer Spelljammer Confirmed (MAYBE, April Fools?)

When you're in Australia, and are around 16 hours ahead of the US where most of the media/entertainment/etc companies are, there's always a little bit of irony in April Fools season...

1648866552477.png

As opposed to a Steve Miller Band reference, an Avalon Hill computer game reference, or a Clint Eastwood movie reference?
Sorry, I didn't understand your comment at first, took me a minute to realize what the disconnect was: the tweet with the Spelljammer vid has the text, "3, 2, 1 - Let's jam!" which I suspect is a Cowboy Bebop reference. In fairness, it could just be a reference to operating a spelljammer helm. The words "space cowboy" don't appear in the tweet - every episode of Cowboy Bebop ends with the text, "see you later, space cowboy". Poor attempt at humor on my part.

I was wracking my brain for a solid 15 minutes trying to remember what movie Clint Eastwood had the line, "3, 2, 1 - Let's jam!"

see

Pedantic Grognard
Sorry, I didn't understand your comment at first, took me a minute to realize what the disconnect was: the tweet with the Spelljammer vid has the text, "3, 2, 1 - Let's jam!" which I suspect is a Cowboy Bebop reference. In fairness, it could just be a reference to operating a spelljammer helm. The words "space cowboy" don't appear in the tweet - every episode of Cowboy Bebop ends with the text, "see you later, space cowboy". Poor attempt at humor on my part.

I was wracking my brain for a solid 15 minutes trying to remember what movie Clint Eastwood had the line, "3, 2, 1 - Let's jam!"
Ah! Okay, having not actually watched the video, I wouldn't have caught that. My fault there.

A question for those who know more about Spelljammer than I do: "Eberron: Rising from the Last War" details 17 locations and then has a large block of the book describing Sharn. "Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft" details 17 domains, and then has a block of minor domains. I would add that the outer planes of the great wheel plus the outlands also adds up to 17. Does Spelljammer have 17 of anything?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A question for those who know more about Spelljammer than I do: "Eberron: Rising from the Last War" details 17 locations and then has a large block of the book describing Sharn. "Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft" details 17 domains, and then has a block of minor domains. I would add that the outer planes of the great wheel plus the outlands also adds up to 17. Does Spelljammer have 17 of anything?
To add to that...Radiant Citadel has 16 Gazeteers for micro-settings, apparently.

If they did do something those lines, the Sharn equivalent would be the rock of Bral, a Sword & Sorcery city-state in an Adteroid Starbase. I could see them developing 17 Cruatal Spheres, similar to the Domains in Ravenloft...

Remove ads