(Spoilers) Explain Game of Thrones to me NOW!

Tsyr

Explorer
Furn_Darkside said:

A lannister always pays his debts. haha.

Tywin is nothing compared to the twins.

FD

Actualy, I'm starting to have a gruding like for Jamie... He's... reformed. I don't forgive him or anything, but...

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Tsyr said:

Actualy, I'm starting to have a gruding like for Jamie... He's... reformed. I don't forgive him or anything, but...

Hahahaha- no, I don't think so. The reader just gets to look into his sociopathic mind.

When we see into his sister in the next book- are you going to gain a grudging like for her? ;)

No, Jamie is an attempted child murdering incest-partaking psychopath. :)

FD

Tsyr

Explorer
Furn_Darkside said:

Hahahaha- no, I don't think so. The reader just gets to look into his sociopathic mind.

When we see into his sister in the next book- are you going to gain a grudging like for her? ;)

FD

It's not seeing into his mind that's the thing... It's more his actions towards Tyrion that are what's making me question him. Even when Tyrion ADMITTED he killed Joffrey (Well, said he did), Jamie still let him go... Because, I think, Jamie knew what his son was.

Incest? Sure. Not something I care for, but I'm not going to hate his character for it I guess... I dislike it for the genetics problems, not because I think there is an intrinsic evil in the idea.

As for the attempted child murder... Eh, yes. He was naughty there, no question. But... I dunno. *shrug*

Tyrion rocks, anyhow :)

Zub

First Post
Furn_Darkside said:

FD
Agreed, but is that all he is? I wouldn't be surprised if he turned into one of the sagas main heros, despite these flaws. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if George R.R. Martin abruptly killed him off either.

Storminator

First Post
Re: What I found unsatisfying (spoilers)

NoOneofConsequence said:
Also, I was totally blown away by the treachery of the Freys. I want them dead. I want their whole family dead! I want their towers burnt to the ground! I want the earth sewn with salt! Vengeance I cry....blood...blood....BLOOOD!

(Ahem)
That'll do for now.;)

More SPOILERS

Actually this is one of my theories going ahead:

All the Freys die. All of them. Every one.

There's a been a lot of text devoted to just how many there are, how prolific the family is, etc. Sounds like a set up for a fall.

Then Lady Stark made the old man do the salt ritual, which he then broke in the most amazing way. Magic is growing in the world, making the old rituals stronger and more meaningful. And Lady Stark is back from the dead to extract vengence.

I think they all go down.

BTW, isn't the Red Wedding one of the most shocking scenes in any book you've ever read?

PS

BTW, isn't the Red Wedding one of the most shocking scenes in any book you've ever read?

You said it!

I couldn't believe it. All this time I'm hanging out to see Robb be a hero and he's dead before he gets going.

And I agree, it's set up for epic vengeance against the Freys. The hellfire and brimstone biblical vengeance part of me even hopes that Walder (the original) Frey is the last to die, so that he can see all his boasts about his numerous children reduced to ashes.

Frankly, Walder is my number one bad guy in the whole series now.

I also agree with the earlier post that said Jamie might turn out more of a hero than a villain.

What's the thinking on Cersei? I mean, she's regent alone now, no father to back her decisions. How do people think that she'll cope? Me I think GRRM is setting her up for a big fall. (SHe's my number two)

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Tsyr said:

Even when Tyrion ADMITTED he killed Joffrey (Well, said he did), Jamie still let him go... Because, I think, Jamie knew what his son was.

I don't think it was a sign of redemption- he just loved his brother more the loved his son. Plus, Jamie is definitly a fatalist- what will be will be, and he tends to let a lot of things go (perhaps after some initial rage).

Considering all that has happened to him- I think we are just watching him fall into a deep depression.

But, do you think if Cersei offered to take him back into her arms- he wouldn't go? He wouldn't do anything she wanted?

He may feel rejected at the moment, but I don't think he would resist her siren call.

FD

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Zub said:

Agreed, but is that all he is? I wouldn't be surprised if he turned into one of the sagas main heros, despite these flaws. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if George R.R. Martin abruptly killed him off either.

You think murdering children is a flaw? (The yate's trial defense attorney would have loved you.)
Or incest?

These are actions.

I guess you could say his flaw he loves too much. :rolleyes:

It is a shame his mother is dead- he could be Oedipus James
(Though, you could draw similarities between him and the founder of Mother's day.)

FD

Tsyr

Explorer
You think murdering children is a flaw? (The yate's trial defense attorney would have loved you.)
Or incest?

These are actions.

I guess you could say his flaw he loves too much. :rolleyes:

Vader was one of the biggest heros in Return of the Jedi, IMHO. And Vader has killed, directly or indirectly, tons of people.

But, do you think if Cersei offered to take him back into her arms- he wouldn't go? He wouldn't do anything she wanted?

Sure he would go. In a heartbeat, assuming he didn't think Cersei was... turned off by his lack of a body part or something. But as I've said, while it turns me off, I don't hold the incest against him as a person, really. I _DON'T_ think he would be quite so willing to be at her beck and call again though... Cersei has a bad track record for keeping his best interest in mind. I think Jamie would be pragmatic if nothing else.

Remove ads