(Spoilers) Explain Game of Thrones to me NOW!

ReignofGeekaos

First Post
Please? I'm really interested in this series but I usually like to know what a book series is about before I dive into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

tleilaxu

First Post
Several families feud over the future of a kingdom while ominous supernatural things go on in the background. Across the sea, the last surviving members of the formal royal house make their way through a world of mongolesque horsemen

tabrumj

First Post
I can't reccomend this series highly enough. The author makes the characers and world very believable while still mantaining a sense of the fantastic. I would place this series on a par with Elizabeth Moon's Paksenarionn series or Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series(When he wasn't draging the entire thing out that is.)

Tsyr

Explorer
One warning: It's dark, grim, and gritty. Rape, mutilation, cold-blooded murder... you name it and more, it's probably in the book somewhere.

JoeBlank

Explorer
Another high recommendation here, with more words of warning. Just finished AGoT myself.

Be aware that the book is intended as part of the series, you will want to read the others (heading for a total of 7, I believe). Not much gets resolved by the end of the book.

Very low-magic fantasy world, adds to the sense of realism.

Do not read internet reviews! Ran across a decent sized spoiler myself. There are many twists and turns, and much to spoil. Be careful.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
This is IMO simply the BEST fantasy series on the shelf. If I said anything more than what's been said above I would be giving away spoilers. A Storm of Swords is my staff recommendation at work and it's been selling. In fact as night my store manager said I should put the entire series on our short list to order more.

I recommended the series to a couple of custormers last week and both have come back cursing me because I got them hooked on another series. :) Yes, I do my job well. :D

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I to have falen under the curse of these books. All these people here on these very same message boards have made me read these books. I am on book 3 now, half way done. You will not regret reading them.

Eosin the Red

First Post
GRRM writes a fantasy parallel to the War of Roses - only more brutal. One of the few books that has the distinction of being thrown by me (of course I picked it up and finished it).

Spoilers will kill the books for you.

King_Stannis

Explorer
fantasy for mature readers. it has no modern equal, and compares well with the true classics of the genre.

just read it. i guarantee you will like it :)

Remove ads