• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (Regrouping)

((OOC: I apologise for the late response, boys and girls. It's the weekend and we have guests from out-of-town. Haven't had much of a chance to catch up on the goings on.

If it's not too late, Ghost will spend an action die to add to Luddites action die to make Neilan an ALLY.

Can't think of anything else to ask.

Dart gun and knockout drugs sound like a good idea. If we can get in nice and cozy then a tazer might come in handy. I think there are also some gadgets that can be loaded with drugs to incapacitate the target.

We don't have to attack Ngambe's stronghold in a full frontal attack. If we can get some of the rival factions to attack the stronghold and then pick up Balladur in the middle of the chaos - how much is it to borrow a chopper? We can sneak in, nab Balladur and sneak out but that's going to REALLY difficult.

However, I think we might have a better chance of success if we grab Balladur when he is most vulnerable: in public. If we can find out when he is travelling between point A and Point B then we can arrange an ambush.
))

Luddite

First Post
Codename: GhostFox said:
((OOC:We don't have to attack Ngambe's stronghold in a full frontal attack. If we can get some of the rival factions to attack the stronghold and then pick up Balladur in the middle of the chaos - how much is it to borrow a chopper? We can sneak in, nab Balladur and sneak out but that's going to REALLY difficult.

However, I think we might have a better chance of success if we grab Balladur when he is most vulnerable: in public. If we can find out when he is travelling between point A and Point B then we can arrange an ambush.
))

Now that you mention it. We may not need to attack N'Gambe at all. We could just buy N'Gambe to "Not Protect" Balladur, and even hand him over to us. Though I am not sure how much cash we would need. Did you find out how much N'Gambe's men were paid to put a hit on Neilan?

Something else to keep in mind. N'Gambe and Balladur should know that something went wrong with the Neilan hit by the time we get to Binga. Though we should have most of the day before they realize it was us, and seek revenge. I don't think we will have much time in Binga before the heat comes down. So a pre-emtive meeting with Captain N'Gambe may be in order. At least one were we "pay" for injuring his men.

Remember N'Gambe is a Crook and is loyal to the money, he only needs to be our firend for about 48 hours. However, should he have stonger ties to Balladur and company then money, then there is a problem.

[ OOC: We have $4500 in cash right now, though I expect we may need 10,000 to 20,000 to buy off N'Gambe. What would it take to get that amount of money, before we head off?

As for a Gadget Delivery system. How much for a "Poison Needle Ring." One that would deliver an injection of Knockout Drops? We only need one dose worth. ]

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
Kareem_Amirr said:
"Not feeling talkative right now? I'll ask you again: What information did you relay to your boss about us?" Kareem then starts doodling circles on the CPG's chest with his laser sight.

-''Nothing, I swear!

Well, I did say that an asian type was talking to the subject (he nods toward Kim). When the target hurriedly tried to leave the bar I said so. I, huh, also said that it might be because the asian type had spooked the target. I guess that's why they decided to rush the job. But you friend here caught up with me shortly after. I didn't say anything else.''

OOC: Sorry, I forgot about that question.

Game Control

First Post
Codename: GhostFox said:
If it's not too late, Ghost will spend an action die to add to Luddites action die to make Neilan an ALLY.

OOC: Duly noted. As I wrote before, this may come in handy in following serials and seasons.

Neilan frowns an rubs his chin before speaking.

-''Hum, surely you realize that it makes no sense that the money in the handoff between Balladur and this creeps (nods toward the soldier) was for a hit on me.

And It's weird that Balladur went to meet N'Gambe the same day he did a subtle handoff with one of his men. I mean, he went to this much trouble to exchange money subtly without having to be seen in presence of N'Gambe, and later the same day he meets with the Captain anyway. Might as well have brought the money with him in person.

I suspect that Balladur spotted me during my surveillance at some point and this is what prompted him to make an unpexpected visit to N'Gambe's barrack. Presumably, that's when he requested the hit on me.

Which means the money in the handoff was for a previous arrangement, one that had been planned and agreed upon in advance.

And, huh, what could be this arrangement?''

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Luddite said:
[ OOC: We have $4500 in cash right now, though I expect we may need 10,000 to 20,000 to buy off N'Gambe. What would it take to get that amount of money, before we head off?

As for a Gadget Delivery system. How much for a "Poison Needle Ring." One that would deliver an injection of Knockout Drops? We only need one dose worth. ]

[OOC: It's 10 bucks/1 XP. You can get as much money as you want but it reduces the total XP reward at the end of the session. Maximum at your level is 500 XP/5,000$ for each PC.

Gadget, let me see... The cigarette Dartgun do exactly what you want (p.135). 1 GP for 2 cigarette. You can choose an alternate delivery system. You mentionned a ring; this would reduce the range to touch attack (but could be done with handshake, so it balances out), same GP cost. A pen could work like the cigarette etc.]

Last edited:

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
"I'd shoot you, but I don't want to ruin the upholstery." Kareem walks away and heads towards the adjacent room, taking his glass of scotch with him. He waves to Luddite. "Hey there. Did you find anything useful while we gone? What about the questioning of Jeff?"

Luddite

First Post
Game Control said:

Neilan frowns an rubs his chin before speaking.

-''Hum, surely you realize that it makes no sense that the money in the handoff between Balladur and this creeps (nods toward the soldier) was for a hit on me.

And It's weird that Balladur went to meet N'Gambe the same day he did a subtle handoff with one of his men. I mean, he went to this much trouble to exchange money subtly without having to be seen in presence of N'Gambe, and later the same day he meets with the Captain anyway. Might as well have brought the money with him in person.

I suspect that Balladur spotted me during my surveillance at some point and this is what prompted him to make an unpexpected visit to N'Gambe's barrack. Presumably, that's when he requested the hit on me.

Which means the money in the handoff was for a previous arrangement, one that had been planned and agreed upon in advance.

And, huh, what could be this arrangement?''

Frowns a bit... Right, he most likely did not know of you for that hand off. So much for Buying N'Gambe. He is acting as "security" for what ever venture going on. Now the question remains, is he anything more then just security? Either way, we should prepare for some level of tactical assult on N'Gambe's abode.

[ OOC: I am going to pick up the Document Scaner. I defer to the more tactical members to figure out what tools they will want to bag Balladur. ]

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim nods... and takes a final draught of the scotch...

"Well either way it seems like things are going to get messy... but let me get a word in with the good doctor I might be able to learn something..."

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
<<Either way, we should prepare for some level of tactical assult on N'Gambe's abode. >>

[OOC: So - do we need to invest in a better firearm for the soldier? An assault rifle or sniper rifle perhaps? Machine gun? Just in case things get ugly? A few grenades might be good too. (Fragmentation? Concussion?)]

Luddite

First Post
Steel Ronin said:
<<Either way, we should prepare for some level of tactical assult on N'Gambe's abode. >>

[OOC: So - do we need to invest in a better firearm for the soldier? An assault rifle or sniper rifle perhaps? Machine gun? Just in case things get ugly? A few grenades might be good too. (Fragmentation? Concussion?)]

[ OOC: Problem is that we don't have the budget points, unless we are able to trade back a few of the NBC suits. On the other hand you only need to take out some of the other guards and then take thier rifles.

With 1 GP we can upgrade your pistol to a Machine pistol. At least get busrt capability ]

Tokiwong said:
"Well either way it seems like things are going to get messy... but let me get a word in with the good doctor I might be able to learn something..."

You and me will talk to the Good Doctor, I suggest that others do some recon on N'Gambe's base.

Those who are going to drive get some rest. If there is nothing else then it is Off to Binga

Luddite will spend some time tracking the license plate just to verify his suspicions. He will also see if he can find any plans, maps or photo graphs of MSF or N'Gambe's Barracks. Might check the British Miltary Archives for some info on the latter. (Computer Check +12)

-Luddite

Last edited:

Remove ads