• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (The Warehouse)

Luddite

First Post
The adrenaline pumping though Luddite makes him forget that he has all the grace of a wild turkey taking flight and leaps (or more like flails) over the Boat to rush to stabalize Kareem.

[ OOC: Well Jump is +0, so just better then 50/50. But I don't want to waste time. In character, I don't know how many more rounds Kareem has before he dies. If you have ever seen a wild turkey "fly" it is most amussing. The only "fly" though sheer force of will or ignorace to their own poor areodynamics ]

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
Luddite calls on athletic skills he didn't know he had to jump from the boat and into the pier. He then races toward Kareem.

[OOC:

Jump DC 10
19 + 0

You rush up the stairs leading from the pier to the street in front of the warehouse and are roughly 60' away from Kareem. I presume you are in possession of either a first aid kit or a Stimulant shot?]

Tokiwong

First Post
''Oh, we're definitely spending the night out of town!''

Kim winks to Lana and rises and covers Luddite... shooting any guards that come near him or try to take a bead on him... despite his wounds...

"I got you covered Proffessor!!!"

Kim radios... to Ghost-Fox..

"How is it goming Ginger? You bringing the good doctor on home?"

OOC: Ready action take a shot at any guards getting near or about to shoot on Luddite...

Luddite

First Post
[ OOC: I have a stimshot from Kim's pack. ]

Luddite hussles over keeping somewhat low, not completely sure about the number of guards standing that can shoot at him

[ OOC: Do a double move while fighting defensively ]

-Luddite

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
Pain exploding throughout his body like a crazed wildfire, Kareem tries futilely to get up. He hears the sharp cracks of gunfire, but can't see. Dammnit, he thinks. There's still one more. It's his last thought before he fades back into the oblivion of unsciousness.

OOC: How are you going to get my body out? A limp, unconsciouos man will be hard to drag, especially for Luddite.

Once her feet are firmly planted on terra firma, GhostFox fires a silenced volley of bullets at the guard, drawing the guards attention and giving Gournay a chance to slide down the rope relatively unmolested.

Over the muffled gunfire, GhostFox checks in with the rest of the team, "Rapelled down the tower. Doc Gee is following. Will be moving towards the front and left-side."

((OOC: Where is Gournay? I suppose he is climbing down the rope.

GhostFox had 7 bullets in the clip. After the Cover Fire action, she will be left with 2 bullets.

Once Gournay is on the ground (presumably on the next round), GhostFox will take the Total Defense action and move towards the lower left corner of the diagram, towards the crates which will hide GhostFox and Gournay from the guards. GhostFox will encourage the Doctor to do the same.))

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
Ken closes in on the two stunned guards and shoots the one with the revolver.

[OOC: I am making a move to their position and shooting the revolver guard that is stunned +5.

Hope this clears the way for us to get outta here!!

After I finish these guys (if that goes smoothly), I'll carry Kareem to the boat if he still needs transporting.]

Game Control

First Post
[OOC:
From round 4:

Ghostfox, if you read carefully the description os Cover Fire and Supressive Fire, you'll see that Supressive fire is a better option for this situation as it'll protect both you and G by giving -4 to atk to your target. Cover fire would only help G by giving him +4 def.

So anyway, you use suppressive fire to protect your retreat. Gournay jumps down as part of his normal movement instead of spending actions climbing down. He sucks a D6 fall dmg (2 VP) and keeps moving toward the front, roughly 50' in all.

----------------------------------------

Round 5

Ronin Moves 30' inside the warehouse along the front wall and gets a glimpse of the revolver guard who is clutching his arms and looks in shock.

Atk VS def 10
2 + 5, miss

--------------------------------------

The guard by the stairs tries to pin a bullet on Ghost. He doesn't have to seek cover, the one he already has is good enough.

-4 because of suppressive fire

Atk VS def 14
8 - 1
4 - 1

Revolver guard still stunned.

AK-47 stunned.

-------------------------------------------------

Ghost moves 30' toward SW, gets cover from a crate and is in defense mode.

Gournay does a Full run, 120'. That puts him at the entrance of the warehouse.

-------------------------------------------

Luddite takes 2 move action and reach Kareem. BTW you can only move 30' while moving defensively. Not that it matters right now as all the front guard are stunned

-----------------------------------

Kareem % roll; 16. Close but no cigar. he's at -8, going on to -9

-------------------------------------

Kim and Lana successfully dock the speedboat.

-------------------------------------------

Round 6

Ronin finishes the guards (hey, if you miss once I assume you try again. The revolver guard won't be stunned forever).

Def 10
4 + 5
13 + 5
Dmg 13, he croaks

--------------------------------------

The staircase guard shoots at Ghost with his SKS.

+4 cover
+4 defense mode

Atk VS Def 22
6 + 3
11 + 3

-------------------------------

Ghost ?

-----------------------------

Kareem is -9 on the guard's turn. Luddite gives him the stimulant shot and stabilizes Kareem. AKAIK it doesn't bring him up to 0. Doesn't say anything about that on p.126 anyway.

Therefore be careful that he takes no more damage.

---------------------------------------

Sorry if I don't write an IC description, but this is a little chaotic.

Kim and Ghost have yet to act in round 6.]

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim continues to cover Luddite as he makes his way towards for Kareem if he loses sight of him he will keep his pistol drawn and turn on the laser-sight and guard the boat... waiting for their imminent return...

"Come on people... time is drawing short... get Gournay and Kareem out of their..." he says to himself...

Over the radio...

"The Minnow is docked... ready to shove off for a three-hour tour... now we just need the tourists..."

Last edited:

With bullets ripping through the air around her, GhostFox pauses for a fraction of a moment behind a crate, gasping for air. She smiles upon seeing Gournay make a dash for safety.

"Team! We need some fire suppression. The Doctor and I are coming in fast-like and mighty furious!"

Foregoing the ducking and weaving that has managed to save her skin so far, GhostFox hopes to put a lot of distance between her and the attacker. A moment before the crate disintegrates in a hail of gunfire, GhostFox lunges forward, bursting with energy as she sprints towards her team-mates and the escape vehicle.

*RUN, COWGIRL, RUN*

((OOC: So far so good. The first priority is to get Gournay out of this place alive. If the guard keeps shooting at GhostFox then he's not shooting at Gournay. If GhostFox makes it out alive then it's even better! :)

Control, you are right, suppressive fire is the better option. Thanks for clarifying the rules between the two options.

Once again, I am making an assumption: Gournay wants to haul butt out of here and he'll keep running at full speed - GhostFox will now do the same. How much further to go?))

Last edited:

Remove ads