• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (The Warehouse)

Luddite

First Post
After stabilizing Kareem, Luddite looks up to see Gournay charging out. He stands up sort of to intercept him.

"Antoine," Luddite uses Gournays first name to catch his attention. "Give me a hand here."

[ OOC: I try to get Gournay to help me move Kareems body to the boat. Aside from helping to move him, it allows me to make sure Gournay heads to the boat and keeps his hands occupied till we get there. ]

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
The remaining guard doesn't chase Fox. He doesn't hear any of his friends over the radio and probably feel very alone right now. Instead he rushes inside the Control tower to check on his boss. Ronin is covering Ghost as she runs out of the building.

Gournay exits the warehouse ahead of them, stops outside and looks around. He spots Luddite trying to drag Kareem and turns his head as he hears the soldier closing in. He hesitates a moment and then sigh. He moves closer to Luddite.

-Let me guess, ''Professor''. You are working under a ''Leave no man behind'' boyscout policy. All right, step aside.

Gournay picks up Kareem in his arms and then looks at Luddite.

-I really hope you have an escaped plan.

Luddite lead the way toward the speedboat and Gournay hustles along, carrying Kareem. By the time they reach the boat, Ronin and Ghost are on their tail and the soldiers are not far away. Lana guns the engine and the boat leaves at full speed. Before long the soldiers show up on the pier and start shooting at the fleeing speedboat but you are already too far.

Lana turns to the team and give them her most winner smile.

-''Well, Zimbabwe is too hot this time of the year anyway. But I hear that Zambia is a blast. What do you say?''

[OOC:

Hopefully Kareem weights less than 200 pounds or the good doctor wouldn't have been able to pick him so easily.

While carrying Kareem, he runs at 60' per round while Ghost and Ronin can run at 120' so obviously they quickly catch up and everybody board the boat at roughly the same time.

The Soldiers are barely 3 round behind you, but that's still 18 second on a speed boat that can climb up to 80 MP/h. I'm estimating that your boat could easily be 1500' away by the time the soldiers show up.

You can banter some more and have a chat with Gournay but otherwise cue in the music, the team is leaving Zimbabwe.

I'm gonna make a IC debriefing thread where you can reflect on the mission and discuss it with Control. Most likely the debriefing will occur in Kareem's hospital chamber!

There will also be an OOC debriefing thread.]

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim does what any self respecting agent with a hole in his spleen should... he turns to Lana.. and smiles...

"Zambia I hear rocks this time of year..."

Kim then does his best James Bond impression and kisses the girl... despite the pain... he knows how to have a good a time...

Game Control

First Post
Lana is taken aback by Kim's brazenness and struggles a little at first, but she eventually gives in and move her arms around him. Then the boat swerves a little...

"Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!!!! Yipppeeekaya-yeah!"

Flush with their successful getaway and with adrenaline screaming through her bloodstream, GhostFox cheers wildly, mimicking a a cowgirl, down to the make-believe-lasso.

"I KNEW I should've brought the bola!" *wink and trademark grin*

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
After the boat gets up to full speed, Luddite watches the sore for a bit longer just to make sure no-one is following us. After fairly secure on the visual front, he takes off his glasses and dusts them off with a kerchif. He looks over the his fellow teammates, then to Gournay.

Your safe....for now.

Luddite then turns and sees if the previous owner left something to drink on this boat. And then sits with his thoughts.

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim leans back from Lana finishing the kiss with a coy... smile...

"I think it is time for me to take a Holiday and go see just what Montreal has to offer..."

Kim then looks to Gournay... hen to Luddite...

"Hey does he need..." he checks the chamber in pistol... "knees to tell us what we need to know? I really don't like his attitude..."

Kim smiles cheerily and sits back...

"Oh and share the bubbly... Proffesor if you find any..."

OOC: Intimidate but more a jest... never harm the goods

Luddite

First Post
Game Control said:

-Yes, for now. But that doesn't depend on you.

He looks pensive.

Looks back.

It could. Tell me what you and Balladur were doing and you might be able to redeem yourself. You might even be able to keep you license to practice medicine. But lets not get carried away just yet.

Of course you may have an ace up your sleeve. But the question remains, which ace do I have up my sleeve. And I thought I wasn't going to be playing poker with you tonight.

Luddite smile wryly at the irony

-Luddite

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Gournay smiles politely to Luddite then Kim.

-''Surely you can guess why Balladur wanted to meet me. But then there are a few things that you can't guess. Don't worry, I intend to cooperate fully... with someone in position to cut me a deal. That wouldn't be you, now, would it?''

Talking to Kim

As for my knees, young sir, I'm certain you know that at my age any bullet wounds could cause a lethal cardiac arrest through shock. I believe that I do need a functioning heart in order to answer any question.

Remove ads