• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft new OOC thread

Game Control

First Post
Fire exit: It could be forced open (with crowbar) but has neither handle or lock.

Presumbaly a fire alarm would start if you forced it open. This is mechanical, not electronic.

Luddite

First Post
Go with idea one. That should also scatter the dock workers as well.

The firedoor is not realy openable from the outside without a crowbar. But I have "trapped" it already by scattering debris on the outside. Also I am waiting back there should there be anyone escaping though it.

If you give me a round or two of warning I can clear enough debris so that Ghost can exit with Gournay though the fire door if needed.

My guess is that you will only be able to take out the front (those by the main door) guards with the grenade. The back two should rush foward after the gernade goes off. After the guards pass the control tower, Ghost can drop that one guard and drop down.

-Luddite

Steel Ronin

First Post
OK - Kim and Kareem - if you are up to it - carry your weapons concealed and start a loud verbal argument (play fighting would not hurt either) about a topic of your choice.

Try to draw the guards (as many as possible) to the front entrance on the side that appears to block the LOS of the tower guard as much as possible (so Ghost will not be seen taking out the guard at the tower and keep him from shooting at us). Looking at the map from GC, that would be the lower left entrance.

Once you have done all you guys can to attract the guards, one of you give a major fake sneeze (AAAAHHHHHHHHHH CCHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!) and then expect the flashbang. After the clink of the grenade on the floor, dive out of the way and cover your eyes as you draw your weapons. I'll open up on the blinded guards with my assault rifle and close in.

Ghost, if this seems ok with you, try to take out the guard at the tower following the sneeze. Hopefully, we can time your shot and the explosion of the flashbang at the same time.

Everyone OK with the plan?
If so, let's do it (but make sure everyone knows what to do by radio commmunicastions before hand)- I'll follow your leads.

GhostFox be cool with that. She just needs a few rounds to get prepeared.

Control, GhostFox will draw her weapon, turn off the laser sight (don't want to give herself away), aim at the guard by the door, and take a READY Action and wait until the guards leave the control tower and are on the bottom of the stairs.

Ranged Attack: +6 plus or minus any GC imposed modifiers (+0 BAB, +3 DEX modifier +1 Aim bonus to next attack, +1 Wide Burst, +1 to attack rolls when attacking during Ready action)

I think the guard by the door is more than 20 feet away so I don't think the Point Blank Shot feat applies.

I am willing to spend an action die on this one if I miss the DC by a few points. But I need at least 1 action die to get GhostFox off the crossbeam alive. :D

Luddite

First Post
You may want to prepare the rope to be just above the point you want to drop to. This way you can quickly zip down a fixed distance, then unclip yourself from the rope. This will be a controlled fall.

-Luddite

That could work. I was planning to drop the sentry, run across the beam, tumble down to the roof of the tower and go from there... I could rappel down from the beam on to the roof of the tower too.

Game Control

First Post
The Warehouse is approximately 120' wide which means that the sentry on the stairs is approximately 50' away from Fox (-4 to hit with a pistol). Vs def 10 that gives you 65% chance of success.

Of course you could move closer, doing a balance + Msilent for every move you take. 15 ft cuts one range increment. 30 ft (+5 to balance or 2 nomral check + 2 MS check) brings you at point Blank. Well, Pythagorus wouldn't agree, but screw him.

Another 30 ft puts you on top the CT.

A successful tumble check could allow you to jump down from the beam to the roof of the Ctower without damage.

By GhostFox'es estimation, how far can she go down the crossbeam and still be in the shadows?

I don't want GhostFox to get too close, be in decent firing range but be seen before she gets to fire a shot.

Then again, the Defense of 10 for the sentry might not apply... The boys cause a ruckus, the sentry is now on alert (full defense, not flat footed) and the control tower guards might choose to stay!

Remove ads