• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft new OOC thread

Luddite

First Post
Yes, but doing nothing is a worse idea :D .

We will most likely end up in some resonable shoot out. The question remains is that "Is Gournay in the Control Room" and "Can we capture him in the chaos."

There will be chaos. But hopefuly we get the first round to act.

Now go in there and shoot.

-Luddite

Steel Ronin

First Post
You may be right Kareem, but let's see what we can do.

Just make sure you guys bolt from the blast radius (10 ft.) after the sneeze/signal so you won't get stunned or blinded.

Ready when you are unless you object.

Game Control said:
The Warehouse is approximately 120' wide which means that the sentry on the stairs is approximately 50' away from Fox (-4 to hit with a pistol). Vs def 10 that gives you 65% chance of success.

Of course you could move closer, doing a balance + Msilent for every move you take. 15 ft cuts one range increment. 30 ft (+5 to balance or 2 nomral check + 2 MS check) brings you at point Blank. Well, Pythagorus wouldn't agree, but screw him.

Another 30 ft puts you on top the CT.
Ok. I'll take this bit of Control advice. GhostFox will move as far as she can on the beam but still remain in shadow, hidden behind the glare of the lights.

On her combat turn, GhostFox will do ONE of two things, depending on what happens:
#1 If the guards in the control tower rush down the stairs and leave the Sentry, then GhostFox will activate the laser sight (half-action? free action?), then fire a wide burst at the sentry (half-action).

Ranged Attack: +6 plus or minus any range and GC imposed modifiers (+0 BAB, +3 DEX modifier, +1 Wide Burst, +2 laser sight bonus if the target is within 50 feet).

If GhostFox fails the attack roll by a 1-3 points less than the Defense value, she will spend an action die to make sure she succeeds at hitting the sentry.

#2 If the guards don't leave the control tower then GhostFox will hurry across the crossbeam and tumble on top of the control tower.

If GhostFox fails the skill roll by a 1-3 points less than the DC, she will spend an action die to make sure her balance roll succeeds. If GhostFox totally blows the roll - i.e. fails the balance roll by more than 5 - spend an action die to prevent her from falling.

If she has been spotted then GhostFox will spend an action die to boost her defense. She is going to be very vulnerable to attacks while balancing on the crossbeam.

Sorry for the long post - but I hope these detailed instructions will make it clear to Control what my intentions for the next few rounds are.:)

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
I'm gonna post in earnest about these actions this afternoon (in about 8 hours).

Comments

Ghost can move 15 feet and still be hidden by the glare. She could move evn closer by using Hide check but I guess you want to keep the number of risky check down, I respect that.

Don't expect the sentry at the top of the stairs to leave his post because of a diversion in front; It's his job to stay here and protect his post (in this case, protect his boss).

General diversion cue; you're not gonna draw the patrols out of position unless you disrupt their operation. In this case it means that, assuming the guards are competent, they will not leave their post unless you are preventing the workers from working with your antics. If you do that, you can expect to draw one or two of the patrols to come see what's up. They'll be suspicious without successful bluff checks, though. But both Kim and Kareem know how to bluff so keep your fingers crossed.

PS Kareem; I am sorry: I forgot to add your department bonus to your previous action die rolls!

OK, I'll post in Warehouse later today.

Game Control said:
Don't expect the sentry at the top of the stairs to leave his post because of a diversion in front; It's his job to stay here and protect his post (in this case, protect his boss).
That's ok. If I recall correctly (and please correct me if I am wrong) there are two other guards in the control tower If there are three or more guards that stay on the stairs and the control tower then there is no point attracting undue attention to GhostFox while she is vulnerable, balacing on the cross beam.

If the two other guards leave then GhostFox will shoot at the remaining sentry on the stairs.

Luddite

First Post
Game Control said:
I'm gonna post in earnest about these actions this afternoon (in about 8 hours).

Comments

That is what I expect. Hence why ghost is there to snipe him out.

General diversion cue; you're not gonna draw the patrols out of position unless you disrupt their operation. In this case it means that, assuming the guards are competent, they will not leave their post unless you are preventing the workers from working with your antics. If you do that, you can expect to draw one or two of the patrols to come see what's up. They'll be suspicious without successful bluff checks, though. But both Kim and Kareem know how to bluff so keep your fingers crossed.

I only expect the Front two guards to investigate the bluff fight. At least get close enough to be affected by the Flash-Bang. When the Flash-Bang goes off, The back two will react. But they may not come foward. They may take more defensive positions. But if we can disable the two in front by the end of the first full round, and Ghost can take down the CT Sentry before he does something, then we will out number the back two guards.

The trick is to hit fast and hard in the first full round and secure enough of the warehouse that who ever is in the control tower can not escape.

If you only pull one guard, then just shoot him. Save the Grenade. Is it possilbe for Ronin to be in a possition to have both the "front" guards in sight.

If not the front two guards then hopefully the two guards on the side of the ware house that has the stairs to the control tower (The Right hand side on the map GC provided)

The good (and Bad) news is, there is a lot oof cover. So an extended shoot out wont be too bad.

BTW. Kareem, Ken and Kim: Stay on the West side (By them main entrance) of the Control tower, you have to make sure that who ever is in the tower will try to exit though the fire door should they get past Ghost.

-Luddite

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
Just for the record - I don't feel that blowing the guards away is the best plan either. Someone always gets hurt: I would rather it be them, but sometimes it ends up being me.

It would be much better if we could arrange a flawless sneak session to accomplish our goals. -Or- if we could somehow take out the guards (one by one) by the use of disguises and/or stealth. But – none of us could pass as a dark-skinned African!

Being a soldier and not skilled in such techniques, I have little to offer other than a distraction (that doesn't require a bluff) or just muscle/firepower. This isn't to say that is all Ronin is capable of - but I feel like we are a little low on ideas.

Since the group was suggesting gunplay, I offered one way to go about it.

It is not too late to change our plan - as long as someone else has a better one. If so, I will be glad to go along with it.

Remove ads