Spycraft new OOC thread

Luddite

First Post
I would agree, that we are being heavy on the aggresive front. Though considering that we have already gotten into 3 different fights with the local guards, I don't see this changing any time soon. At least we start it this time. :D

Right now, our tools are fairly limited, both in what skills we have and what equipement we have.

In this situation, we dont need to kill them all. If Gournay is in the Control tower, and Ghost can get to him, then we just need to pull him out and we can retreat. Just Lay down Surpresive and Cover Fire.

If Gournay is not in the Control Tower, then we need to secure the warehouse, and see if there are any clues to where he is.

If we had more stealth in the party we could of infiltrated the warehouse a bit more and maybe been able to scout the Control Tower. But right now we are as subtle as a brick painted bright pink.

-Luddite

*SIGH*

Been thinking of alternative ways to find out whether or not Gournay is in the warehouse. Just gotta say that "Hindsight is 20/20". If I had picked the parabolic mike instead of the ghillie then GhostFox could have perched on the beam and just listened in to the control tower conversations or something. The Gearing Up phase can get really tricky...

I'm sure we'll do much better in the next mission.

Game Control

First Post
I agree that you are somewhat lacking in equipment to pull off a subtle plan. Also, you have little time to plan and are white in a black city. This limits your options.

Next mission is gonna be red so you'll have much more toy to play with as well as a precise objective for which you can do a lot of planning.

As Luddite would say, "Quan understand now."

Once again, the assumptions are incorrect - I thought they were guards. Thanks for clarifying.

GhostFox will just snipe at the sentry guarding the door.

Luddite

First Post
If they were to draw pistols right now. Would Kim and Kareem still get a "surprise" round?

Does Ken have line of sight on the other "front" guard?

Could Kim and Kareem try to "fall" into the closer guard?

Just full of questions. But there is still a good chance that we can take down the "front" two guards and the one next to the Tower.

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
-If they suddenly starts the fight, they're going to get a surprise round assuming they make their Bluff check (Kimm leads, Kareem assists). The guard would get a -3 penalty for distance. It seems likely they'll get it.

But neither have the quickdraw feat so they'll just draw their weapons as their partial action. This still gives an edge for in a shootout and with some luck they could kill him swiftly (remember the houserule).

-I don't know exactly where is Ken. If he is directly at the front of the warehouse, I'd assume that he can see the second front guard. But I'm also assuming that in that case he isn't armed with his assault rifle. At best it is in his duffel bag (full-action to fish it out).

-''Fall in'' the closest guard? He's 30' away! He's in the warehouse. The guard would have plenty of time to move out of the way and if they followed him it would look awfully suspicious.

Remember that you are dealing with criminals operating in the open. Their reaction to tresspassing is likely to be somewhat more extreme than what you'd expect in normal circumstances. They'll draw their weapons as soon as they get suspicious and they'll shoot as soon as they feel threatened.

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
Game Control said:
-If they suddenly starts the fight, they're going to get a surprise round assuming they make their Bluff check (Kimm leads, Kareem assists). The guard would get a -3 penalty for distance. It seems likely they'll get it.

But neither have the quickdraw feat so they'll just draw their weapons as their partial action. This still gives an edge for in a shootout and with some luck they could kill him swiftly (remember the houserule).

That is what I was wondering. If they make their bluff and win initiative, that guard will be considered "surprised" and "flat-footed" and a single hit will take him down.

Ghost would also have the same advantage on the guard by tower, correct?

If that is the case then, that is two guards down off the top, then its your standard shoot out in a warehouse. Lots of cover, and lots of bullets. Baring extreme luck on either side :D

-Luddite

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
The rules is:

Unaware + flatfooted = dead

The sentry at the top of the stair is in this situation VS Ghost. If she hits him before he gets an action in the combat, he's dead and that's it (unless he secretly is an henchman, of course ;) ).

Flatfooted but aware = automatic critical threat.

The patrol who is watching Kim and Kareem rumble is aware of their presence. But if they're swift they'll catch him flatfooted and will be able to spend an AD to kill him assuming they hit. Of course, if they aren't able to shoot in the surprise round, they'll need to win initiative in order to still catch the patrol flatfooted.

Same goes for Ronin. Actually, given his very high initiative (+8) he's the one with the most chance to pull something like this off, although he'll have to use his pistol to do it.

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
Sorry for being slow - been swamped at work the last few days and it isn't over yet!!

Shall I go for the pistol and shoot?

If you guys decided to break it off, I'll keep walking and stay out of sight (I assume I am near the entrance to the buidling within LOS of you two and the guard).

Just let me know. The BIG SNEEZE can be the signal for me to kick into action.

Remove ads