Star Trek: Ascendant - Shakedown Cruise IC

Rhun

First Post
OOC: No worries, KT. I've seen a few other people post recently that the forum has eaten their posts...something must be going on.

Hale nods at the nurse and takes a last look around Sick Bay before turning to head to the bridge. He hated the thought of losing anyone under his command, but the realist in him knew that casualties were unavoidable in combat situations. With a shake of his head to dismiss such thoughts, he quickly makes his way to the bridge.

knightemplar

Explorer
As the Turbolift doors open on the bridge, he sees a gorn ship leaking plasma. Moving over to the tactical console, the crewman moves back and away, but then pauses for a second noting Jonas' arm in the sling.

"Can I still be of assistance, sir?", asked the crewman.

Hearing the comment, the Commodore looks toward Jonas and gives him a quizical look. "Glad to have you back Commander, can you resume your duties?"

Rhun

First Post
"I believe so, ma'am," says Jonas. "What is the situation?"

OOC: At least, I think so...KT, are their going to be penalties associated with the broken wrist as far as the tactical duties go?

knightemplar

Explorer
"The courier has a small squad of security on it.", She says as she hits a button on the command chair and small translucent blue holograms appear just in front of the commodore, as she points to the small courier Hale was just on.

"One of the second group of cruisers were destroyed by a broadsides volley by the Starboard launchers. The other cruiser has been rendered dead in space, only minimal life support still running, and multiple gorn life signs. We have hailed them to offer assistance, but are not receiving any responses from the cruiser."

"We have backed off a bit from weapon range of the disabled cruisers, and are still trying to hail them, but the universal translator is not the best with the Gorn language.", she said as she nods back towards Lt. D'Vassa.

OOC: It would slow your response times on the console. Like typing, you would have to revert back to the hunt and peck method to run the console.

Rhun

First Post
Hale nods at the commodore's words. He stands quietly, and let's his eyes sweep over the console, analyzing the condition of the other ships, as well as that of the Ascendant.

knightemplar

Explorer
As Jonas eyes the console, he notices that there is no real damage to the Ascendant.

The debris from the first gorn cruiser shows multiple impact holes from torpedo breeches. The personnel aboard the cruiser probably did not even realize there was a hull breach before the atmosphere in the ship rushed out into space.

The second cruiser shows multiple phaser hits at pin point accuracy disabling engines then weapons. There are a few plasma leaks, but the life support should be good on the cruiser and holding.

Rhun

First Post
Hale continues to monitor the status of the other ships, as well as the space surrounding the ship, looking for any signs of a threat. He waits for the Commodore to issue further orders.

knightemplar

Explorer
"Ms. D'Vassa, call Ensign Kirk and see if she can bring one of our dignitaries to the bridge to help communicate with the other cruiser.", the commodore states as she then turns towards Jonas.

"Mr. Hale, run a full sensor sweep of the cruiser on the off chance we will need to board her, also give me your suggestions for the best use of personnel with the minimum of our and their casualties."

Jonas thinks for a few minutes while he goes over the cruisers deck plans.

These are suggestions, you can ignore them if you like.

1) It might be possible to do a dual strike on the bridge and engineering to possibly take over command controls and release an anthestic into the air (could become a diplomatic incident worse than what has already happened)

2) Call for a Gorn ship to come rescue them while holding position and watching over them (less of a diplomatic incident, but dont know what will happen when the other ship arrives)

3) Possibly transport an essential engineering item out of the system so they cant go anywhere or power up weapons (need to make sure it doesn't affect the life support controls though).

OOC: sorry trying to work on a large project as well as honey do list. Have not been on much in the past week.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Sorry, KT...real life has been kicking me around lately.

"Ma'am, I recommend we send a message to Gorn government and see if they can be of assistance in this situation. I believe it would be less of a diplomatic incident than having to board the ship. Barring that, we should send coordinated strike teams to hit their bridge and engineering decks to take control of the ship."

Remove ads