Star Trek: Ascendant - Shakedown Cruise IC

Rhun

First Post
Hale quickly brings a knee up into his opponent's groin, and then hooks his leg around behind the Gorn's knee in an attempt to knock the brute to the floor.

OOC: 2 actions, Starfleet Martial Arts.

1) Knee to groin: 4 (3, + 3 skill, -1 drama, -1 for two actions)
2) Trip: 8 (6, + 3 skill, -1 for two actions)

Does Dexterity Edge apply to Starfleet Martial Arts? If you don't know, I can check my rules when I get home tonight.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Updated rolls for 2 actions, using Starfleet Martial Arts.

1) Knee to groin: 8 (6, + 3 skill, -1 for two actions)
2) Trip: 13 (5, + 3 skill, +6 drama, -1 for two actions)

knightemplar

Explorer
The knee lands more into his upper right thigh. Though your knee still aches after that contact, you are able to snake your leg around his leg and trip him backwards.

Since he is still holding onto your arm, you are pulled onto the top of him. The way your wrist lands causes mass amount of pain as your phaser goes sliding across the floor and stops against the far wall in the room. You are almost certain, that you just broke your wrist.

The Gorn raider responds with a headbutt causing a good headache for you, and following it up with pushing you off of him and back towards the door.

Rhun

First Post
Hale groans in pain, even as he leaps to his feet, and aims a savage kick at the Gorn foe. Even as he does, he holds his good hand ready in a defensive motion, ready to block any counter.

3 actions? 1) Get to feet, 2) Kick gorn, 3) Block gorn.

Kick: 9 (2 roll, +3 skill, -2 for 3 actions, +6 drama)
Block: 7 (6 roll, +3 skill, -2 for 3 actions)

knightemplar

Explorer
Jonas gets to his feet before the large Gorn does and delivers a devastating kick to his face. With the momentum of the kick, the gorn falls down to the ground and lays there. (Congrats max damage to the head on the rolls.)

As Jonas starts checking the wounded in the engine room. Lt. Srosski is still awake but weak from blood loss. Of the two security personnel that went down with him, one is dead from the sharp blade of the Gorn's wicked knife blade, while the other one is just knocked out.

"Ascendant to Hale, What is your status?", comes the familiar voice of the Commodore over the commbadge.

knightemplar

Explorer
"Stand by for emergency transport.", replies the voice over the commbadge. A second later, Jonas feels the slight distortion of the transporters activating.

Appearing in Sick Bay, Jonas watches as Dr. Crescent and his team start working on the wounded. A nurse comes over to see if Jonas is all right.

"Commander, are you alright?" asks the small female corpsman as she gives Jonas a quick lookover for obvious injuries.

Rhun

First Post
Hale grimaces a bit, but tried not to show the obvious pain. "I'm fairly certain my wrist is broken." His gaze sweeps over the wounded. "Did you get everyone?"

knightemplar

Explorer
"We transported everyone with a combadge to sickbay, sir.", the nurse says as she extends his broken wrist out and looks at it with a tricorder.

"I do believe the Commodore wants you on the bridge as soon as possible, sir. I don't think a doctor will be able to look at it any time soon with the amount of critical patients here. I am going to give you a local anesthetic for the pain of the wrist that will last a few hours."

The nurse pulls out a hypo and punches the buttons on it, then applies just above the broken wrist on the arm. Jonas visibly relaxes as the pain of the wrist starts to subside. She then puts on a small removable wrist cast to keep the wrist in a steady position as possible, and a sling that goes over the opposite shoulder.

"Try to keep it as steady as possible and don't move the wrist. I will tell Dr. Crescent you will be back in a couple of hours to look at your wrist.

Jonas quickly looks back over the sickbay and sees the commotion going on, as Dr. Crescent and his staff work on the critically injured.

OOC: Sorry, Rhun I thought I had already put up a response, but I guess the forums didn't take it.

Remove ads