Star Trek: Ascendant - Shakedown Cruise IC

Rhun

First Post
Hale nods. "Kirk, evacuate these people. If evac is not possible, help get them to the medical bay here. Stay alert, as more Gorn could beam over at any time. I'm heading to engineering."

Confirming the order with the ensign, Hale leaves the bridge, rushing toward engineering with his phaser ready.

Rhun

First Post
Using the bulkhead for cover, Hale takes aim with his phaser, and fires off two shots.

OOC: Two actions, one shot at each gorn.

Shot 1 vrs Gorn (4 + 3 - 1 for two actions) = 6
Shot 2 vrs Gorn (2 + 3 - 1 for two actions - 1 for "1" on drama dice) = 3

knightemplar

Explorer
The first gorn drops to the floor with the hit from the phaser. The second gorn dodges into the room, when he hears the phaser. The second shot goes just above his head. The second gorn is now not in the line of sight.

OOC: The luck die is always the first one rolled. So the first die will always have the bonus or penalties associated with the luck die. You had a 4 on the second shot, that is how he dodged it.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: The luck die is always the first one rolled. So the first die will always have the bonus or penalties associated with the luck die. You had a 4 on the second shot, that is how he dodged it.

OOC: Good to know...for some reason I thought it was always the 2nd!

I'll get my next actions up tonight when I get home from work.

Rhun

First Post
Hale slides along the corridor, with his back to the wall and his phaser held ready. When he reaches the doorway into the room that the Gorn fled into, he quickly pokes his head around the corner to see where the enemy went.

knightemplar

Explorer
Just before he leans his head to look through the door, he hears the hum of a disruptor being fired. Right where his head would have been, comes a large red beam that creates a hole in the wall opposite the door.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: KT, I'd like to have Hale use the "drop & roll" maneuver so that he is dodging as he moves through the doorway. And then have him pop up and fire at the Gorn. But I'm not sure exactly how to make that happen?

knightemplar

Explorer
OOC: I would say two actions. Dodge as a coordination skill with Dex added, and then the shot fired.

Your dodge number then becomes my Number to hit for the Gorn firing at you.

Rhun

First Post
Hale dodges into through the doorway, leveling his phaser at the Gorn as he goes, and firing a shot...

Do I roll again when I get a "6" on the drama dice, or is it just a +1?

Dodge: 7 (6 roll, +2 for dodge skill, -1 for two actions)
Attack: 13 (5 roll, +3 for skill, -1 for two actions, + 6 for drama dice)

Last edited:

Remove ads