[+] Star Trek Discovery (Fan) Thread

MarkB

Legend
And, isn't there a D7 class cruiser sitting RIGHT THERE? It's not like the Discovery is alone. I kinda wonder if that's going to get "forgotten" about in the next episode. Or, heck, since they spent all of last season doing it, why not dial up the Spore Drive and get the heck out of dodge? It's not like they have to stay.

That depends upon how good the Section 31 ships' sensors are. If they get close enough to notice a whole pile of Time Crystals on the planet, Control may just have a whole new objective.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Had to say it. Not even finished with the episode.
[sblock]ZOMG THAT BRIDGE!!!!!!!!! It's so beautiful.[/sblock]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Enterprise is gorgeous. I’ve always loved the TOS and TOS movie Enterprise.

Last edited:

I wonder if Tyler's reason to leave the ship is to get some Klingon aid into the battle. But he'd arrive a bit late if he only leaves 5 minutes before Section 31 arrives. Unless there is actually a D7 or some more waiting around in cloak nearby and he just has to take command?

Haven’t seen the episode but seen pictures. And that bridge is amazing.

That’s how you do an update of TOS. It’s sleek and modern and looks high tech, but retains the aesthetic and general layout. And by retaining the pallet and genteral presentation, it’s instantly identifiable. Which is important for one of the most iconic bridges in science fiction, if not television.

Hussar

Legend
I loved that they put Pike back in his gold uniform too. Those old uniforms do look great on the screen. Really pop in the dark backgrounds. If I did have a complaint about Disco is that everything is so darn dark all the time. It's kinda nice to see some bright colors once in a while.

Mallus

Legend
You know what? This big daft cinematic emo version of Star Trek with the seemingly unlimited budget? I love it. I’m going to miss Captain Pike & Ethan Peck’s Spock something fierce after this season.

And I’m going to be retroactively mad at Enterprise all over again for their limp and incomprehensible Temporal Cold War plot line (and for wasting Scott Bakula!). The Red Angel is a vast improvement.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I never got the point of those handle things in the turbolift, but I’m glad they put them in. And the whistle noise when the captain enters the bridge.

Damn, I want a series set on that ship!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases