Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

Zaukrie

New Publisher
We just finished watching all three seasons in the last month or two....and, I love Trek, but wow, that third season was filled with so many plot holes and stupid I'm dumbfounded at its reception (except that people love nostalgia, so I'm not).

Zardnaar

Legend
We just finished watching all three seasons in the last month or two....and, I love Trek, but wow, that third season was filled with so many plot holes and stupid I'm dumbfounded at its reception (except that people love nostalgia, so I'm not).

It's basically a final season of TNG.

Zardnaar

Legend
Only not good, but yes.

I'm not a Trekkie as such I find it's 50/50 being generous. And TNG wasn't actually that good.

Start to finish DS9 is better but cherry picked TNG is the pinnacle of the franchise for trekkies it seems. It's what the fans want ot seems (well good Trek in general).

Non trekkie DS9, First Contact and Strange New Worlds are the best it gets. Imho of course.

MarkB

Legend
I mostly remember my disappointment at the final villain reveal. Like, can we maybe not have the Borg, for just one season, please? It really felt like they'd wrapped them up and tied a bow on them in season 2.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I mostly remember my disappointment at the final villain reveal. Like, can we maybe not have the Borg, for just one season, please? It really felt like they'd wrapped them up and tied a bow on them in season 2.
Season 2 was all about teaching Picard to love and open up....we never see Laris after that at all. An entire season and the galaxy at risk, and nothing?

The good borg show up, and help the federation. What happened to them? They knew the borg plan, and didn't tell Picard? They spent centuries being good borg, and what? If that was the good borg at the end, what? Seriously, what?

Everyone is an admiral!

Really, I can't process all the issues I had with season 3.

Remove ads