Star Trek Strange New Worlds, what did you think?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
SNARFZODIACKILLER EPISODE 4 REVIEW

OMG. STAR TREK IS COOKING WITH GAS NOW. GAS? NO. THEY ARE TORCHING THESE TBONES WITH FLAMETHROWERS. AS SOON AS PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT THE MOUNTAIN STREAMING NETOWKFR EXISTS, THEY WILL BE ON THIS SHOW LIKE SHATKIRK ON ALIEN CHICKS.

GETTING DOWN TO THAT PLANET AND YOU KNOW ITS GETTING REAL. SEEING ALL THAT BLOOD MADE ME WANT TO PUT ON SLAYER. OR SABBATH. OR IRON MAIDEN. OR ALL OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME. YOU KNOW ITS ABOUT TO GET EXTRA AWESOME.

AND IT DID.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY WENT ALL DAS BOOT. I SAW THAT BRIDGE GO DARK AND THE PING PING PING OF ENTERPRISE SONAR AND I SWEAR TO GOD I THOUGHT SEAN CONNERY WAS FAKING A RUSSIAN ACCENT. AND BULKHEADS CLOSING. CLOSING!!!!! YOU KNOW ITS ALL HITTING THE FAN WHEN YOU GET STUCK ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THAT BULKHEAD.

THIS IS A SHOW THAT DARES TO ASK THE QUESTIONS- WHAT IF NEXT GENERATION, BUT PICARD WANTED TO KICK BUTT INSTEAD OF ADJUST HIS UNIFORM AND DRINK TEA? WHAT IF DEEP SPACE NINE, BUT WE WERENT STUCK ON A STUPID SPACE STATION? WHAT IF VOYAGER, BUT NOT SUCKY?

ONE MORE THING- DONT GIVE ME YOUR SILLY BLOOD TRANSFUSION. REAL AUGMENTS WILL GRAB HOLD OF THE CLOSEST PERSON AND SUCK ALL THE BLOOD THEY NEED RIGHT OUT. YOU HEARD ME MYSTIQUE. AND WHEN HEMMER SAYS HE IS A PACIFIST THAT LIKES PLANTS, HE MEANS THAT HE IS ALL ABOUT THE BOTANY BAY AND HE TOTALLY ROCKS THE VIOLENCE LIKE A BLIND WARRIOR MONK.

FINAL RATING: FOUR SEU JORGE SONGS.

Arilyn

Hero
I'm so happy with this show. This is what Trek should be--episodic with some continuity, great stories and awesome characters.

Pike almost collapsing with relief after hearing Uhura report in? I felt that, even though I knew that she and Hemmer were fine and it's a super common tv trope. Anson Mount's performance was superb.

Ryujin

Legend
I'm so happy with this show. This is what Trek should be--episodic with some continuity, great stories and awesome characters.

Pike almost collapsing with relief after hearing Uhura report in? I felt that, even though I knew that she and Hemmer were fine and it's a super common tv trope. Anson Mount's performance was superb.
The "continuity" seems to be largely about character development, which makes it even better. The cast seems to be a bit large to have a Triumvirate like TOS, but we can at least learn more about the characters we do see every show.

Stalker0

Legend
I’m starting to think the Enterprise is the smallest, weakest ship in the galaxy, not Starfleet’s flagship! I think it needs a hero moment.
I felt that way in TNG as well, I felt like the Enterprise's shields were basically paper.

They at least do nod to the fact that federation ships are exploration first/military second. The few times we do see the Federation "go military" with ships like the Ares class or especially the defiant, they fight way above their usual paygrade.

Ryujin

Legend
I felt that way in TNG as well, I felt like the Enterprise's shields were basically paper.

They at least do nod to the fact that federation ships are exploration first/military second. The few times we do see the Federation "go military" with ships like the Ares class or especially the defiant, they fight way above their usual paygrade.
Though in games like Starship Battles the Federation ships were pretty much a match for anything of equal displacement. I saw a Constitution Class take on 2 Klingon D7s and win, with players of pretty equal ability.

Arilyn

Hero
A ship vs. ship Star Trek episode needs to have the Enterprise in jeopardy, or it'd be a pretty dull episode. Through no fault of their own, the Enterprise fell into a trap, and faced an enemy so ruthless, they were willing to sacrifice one of their own ships. Our crew prevailed against the odds in a damn good episode. 😊

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A ship vs. ship Star Trek episode needs to have the Enterprise in jeopardy, or it'd be a pretty dull episode. Through no fault of their own, the Enterprise fell into a trap, and faced an enemy so ruthless, they were willing to sacrifice one of their own ships. Our crew prevailed against the odds in a damn good episode. 😊
Yes but we’ve had 2 episodes out of 4 being the Enterprise meeting bigger, superior ships. It bugged me that happened in all three Kelvinverse films too. I just wanna see it flex occasionally. It’s a big, powerful ship!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Originals or Bowie covers?

THREE BOWIES AND ONE ORIGINAL.

TO GET A RATING OF FOUR BOWIE COVERS, PIKE WOULD HAVE HAD TO SCREAM “GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!“

SNARFZODIACKILLER HAS STANDARDS!!!111!! JUST SAY NO TO SEU JORGE INFLATION.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases